All reviews chris and nicola wine tasting truffle hunting wonderful hosts stunning views pasta nothing is too much trouble three days beautiful place very special place rolling hills cooking class amazing food piedmont region spent days the entire staff surrounding vineyards
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I visited La Villa Hotel in May 2017 for a friends wedding, and was lucky enough to stay there too. At the time I was living in California, so it was a LONG trip to get there for the weekend, but it was so well worth it. The setting of the hotel was stunning - so peaceful and beautiful countryside. The food was AMAZING. The beds were comfy. The hospitality was wonderful. I really don't think there was a single thing I could fault. I will definitely try to come back one day.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This review won't do our experience justice, no matter how hard we try. Nicola and Chris, the owners and operators of La Villa, helped give us the wedding of our dreams this past September. Our gratitude knows no depths. A few highlights worth mentioning:

Hospitality: Chris and Nicola are funny, warm, down-to-earth, responsive, thoughtful, and -- most importantly -- experts at their craft. They are relentlessly focused on quality service -- from an excellent breakfast service and incredible wine pairings with dinner, to helping coordinate activities off the property -- not a beat is missed. Their team is family to them (many of them have been around since the early days of La Villa!), and every single person is focused on ensuring that La Villa guests feel valued, appreciated, and set up to have fun. Now, compound that over five days and 100 attendees -- and still not a beat was missed.

Planning: Nicola knows how to get things done. We were planning our wedding from New York City, not knowing the language or the vendors. We'd give Nicola some high-level ideas and thoughts over Skype, and then she'd masterfully turn them into a stunning reality (and even make them better, in many cases). From tracking down sunflowers outside of sunflower season for our rehearsal dinner, and constructing a chuppah for our ceremony, no detail was missed. As a bride planning a wedding from so far away, knowing that you're in capable hands is critically important for everyone's stress level :) I trusted Nicola implicitly, and she delivered -- and then some. (One of my favorite moments was walking into the reception after the ceremony -- I hadn't yet seen the tablescape and was literally jaw-dropped at how Nicola and her team had perfectly transformed the space, beyond my wildest expectations.)

Involvement: Nicola and Chris treated our wedding as if it were their own. They were there every single second, answering questions, carefully directing the flow, comfortably mingling with guests. The amount of responsibility they felt for the entire weekend was deeply comforting to us -- and, I have to imagine, exhausting for them. Before the ceremony kicked off, Nicola noticed my husband was perhaps a little anxious (compared to my room of bridesmaids, where we were laughing and drinking mimosas and playing board games). Despite needing to set up for the ceremony, cocktail hour, AND reception, she took time to bring him and his groomsmen a shot of whiskey to settle down. These little moments are among my favorite to remember.

Property: The property is stunning, and the rooms are incredibly comfortable. It's a shame there's so much to do and see in the area -- you never want to leave La Villa!

Food: You can't talk about Piedmont without talking about food. Chef Ian is a magician. Whether it's a meal for two, 20, or 100, the food is thoughtfully constructed and masterfully executed. Our favorites include: frito misto, chocolate souffle, and agnolotti. And our Friday night pizza party was a total hit with all of our guests -- incredible pizzas, cooked outside at the pizza oven, and served hot. But my favorite? The cheese board of my dreams at the reception.

Value: Chris and Nicola helped us stay on-budget without cutting corners or making sacrifices. We ate well, we drank well, we were able to transform the space with the decorative details we wanted. We were able to host the wedding of our dreams -- five days of events! -- at a shockingly reasonable price.

Chris and Nicola, we can't thank you enough for being alongside us during the best weekend of our lives. We are forever grateful. Like it or not, you're family to us now. We can't wait to come back and visit again soon. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank alexisanderson
Reviewed 20 November 2017

They made an exception in order to receive our kids and hosts were incredibly gracious about this. We were very well received and accommodated, the breakfast and food were sensational, it was just lovely lovely.. what a great little weekend was had by all.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank theluxuriant
Reviewed 16 November 2017

La Villa is a lovely facility with perfect grounds in the middle of vineyards. Stayed two nights in a spacious one bedroom suite with a huge terrace ( room 11) . Enjoyed it very much. Lovely grounds and views. Breakfast spread is very very basic with limited selection, albeit some items can be ordered a la cart in addition to buffet. Dinner was very good, but honestly did not like the hassle of cash payment for dinners. As far as the [mentioned elsewhere] interface with the owners is concerned - it was a very minimum one if any (not that I care). Prompt communications prior to the trip. Overall it was a good stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Having stayed at La Villa 10 years ago, we were anxious to return. Our memories were correct-it was and still is quite special and wonderful. The setting is magnificent, the details are near perfection, and the staff go above and beyond to please.
Lovely and comfortable rooms, spectacular views make this a fabulous place from which to explore Piedmont. The owners, Nicola and Chris know the area better than locals and can recommend places to eat, taste wines and enjoy Piedmont.
Hope we can return soon!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple