All reviews table tennis quiet hotel separate shower large hotel conference facilities nice bathroom city centre motorway wedding kro medium furniture comfort gym
Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is quite a large hotel out in the country, quite peaceful but geared up for conference facilities. I was booked in by a client for a stay but also to use their presentation rooms.

I arrived slightly late but got checked in pretty quickly. I was given one of the large corner rooms with double bed, sofa and coffee table, illuminated work desk to the side and balcony on the corner - very light and roomy with french windows opening to a rail - I'm guessing it'll be fantastic come summer time!

The room used a keycard (actually a metal fob hanging off the key) to power all the facilities, which included a CD player on the wall with film tunes and a coffee machine (Tassimo?) as well as powe rpoints under the bedside table (slightly inaccessible). The bathroom was large, consisting of a raised whirlpool bath and a separate shower - both worked well, but the bathroom felt slightly cold underfoot, despite a dial under the sink with could have worked underfloor heating, and I also found the sink drained quite slowly, leaving a mess behind.

I used one of the convention rooms, which was nicely equipped and had good support staff on hand to loan a laptop with presentation facilities when I found mine was incompatible with their projector. Wi-Fi was fast - getting nearly 10MB download when I was running patches. Breakfast was served in the mornings and refreshments came throughout the day, not just tea/coffee but buns, fruit, snacks, etc.

The hotel also features a restaurant which provided a comprehensive lunch - a buffet offering quite a different variety of meals. I enjoyed the evening meals there (although only ate light) and a fair range of beers at the bar.

There's also a gym and some table tennis tables; various items of modern art, furniture and wall posters gave it a homely feel, despite the modern fittings. There's a definitely feeling of relaxed informality there.

I found the front desk wasn't always staffed in the evenings but bar/waiting staff would always summon someone. The service offered was always cheerful and welcoming - there was only one issue in which a receptionist was informed about a missing bag but she failed to communicate this to other staff, leaving them mystified when I made enquiries, but it got sorted pretty quickly.

I enjoyed my stay there and would happily return.

Room Tip: All bedrooms seem to have great views and are situated away from the main road
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

A great idyllic place outside Aarhus. Rooms are elegant, nice and clean.

Free parking
Great breakfast buffet
Working Wifi
Smiling and friendly service

Easy accessible to motorway

Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Jakob B, General Manager at Montra Hotel Sabro Kro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi Aladda,

and thank you very much taking your time to review us.

I am very glad you liked staying with us so much, and pleased to hear you are ready to return at another time.

You have noticed many of the small things we work with: Our breakfast, the fast wifi and my friendly colleagues who love making our guests happy.

See you next time.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Warm welcome the reception staff were friendly and efficient. The rooms are basic but clean and tidy. The bar area is good and the staff are very accommodating. Have styed here frequently and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Jakob B, General Manager at Montra Hotel Sabro Kro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hej Andrew G!

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you like it with us, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two nights for a wedding, and for Danish standards got a pretty okay rate.
Slightly disappointed that they only had twin rooms available (they even have the groom and bride a twin room at first, which is pretty strange), and the rooms were looking a bit dated
On the first morning the bride-to-be was asked to leave her room while housekeeping cleaned the room. She asked if they could skip her room so she could get ready for her wedding but they were adamant she had to leave. Housekeeping then let themselves into our room without knocking to clean - we also asked them to give a miss and this time they accepted this. 30 min later however, housekeeping was knocking in the door wanting to restock coffee and again we declined. An hour later housekeeping AGAIN let themselves in without knocking while we were there allegedly to collect something “she had forgotten when cleaning earlier” (clearly not true as we had politely declined the cleaning). This was all very suspicious. When we mentioned this at checkout the staff at the reception sounded very surprised, but entering the room without knocking happened on more than one occasion!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jakob B, General Manager at Montra Hotel Sabro Kro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Hi c-krogh

and thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

It sounds like your friend maybe did not hang out the "do not disturb"- sign, but I am very sorry if our housekeeping barged in, with out knocking and did not communicate the wish of being left alone to all members of housekeeping.

Regarding the rooms and bedding it is stated on our website which kind of rooms you book. We have rooms with king size beds, but they must have been occupied the days you were with us.

When a wedding is held in our hotel we always offer the bride and groom our honeymoon suite. I am not sure about this, but it sounds like your friends held the wedding somewhere else, and maybe we did not realize it was a newly wedded couple.

We strive to service all our guests at our best, but I can hear we have made a mistake in our cleaning department this day, for which I excuse.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I enjoyed staying here on short notice for 3 nights. A very peaceful and quiet hotel yet combining incredible interior design. The bars and restaurant are very high quality and the open aspect to the countryside emphasise the rural nature of this hotel. Aarhus is a busy city and at the edge you can suffer short delays - but not London, Glasgow or Manchester. Out of the city centre but you can get there by taxi or bike. Staff are very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Jakob B, General Manager at Montra Hotel Sabro Kro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi Chelmo_Man!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

I am glad you liked it so much with us, and hope to see you again some time.