“A beautiful and spacious dining area, attentive service, and delicious food.”
Review of Arcadia

Arcadia
Reserve with
Arcadia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 134 Restaurants in Tarquinia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In a medieval building of the sixteenth century, adjoining the palace Vitelleschi seat of the National Etruscan Museum and just a few meters from the Duomo di Tarquinia, there is the Arcadia Restaurant.Among vaulted ceilings and historic columns, in a warm and welcoming atmosphere, good food and good wine will make your celebrations and your meetings indimenticabili.La refined and creative cuisine, offers the gastronomic tastes of the territory, playing between tradition and modern taste , style and elegance will enhance your palate.Aromas and flavors will vary with the seasons so that the quality of our dishes, can always be raised to its maximum.In un antico palazzo medievale del XVI secolo, confinante con il palazzo Vitelleschi sede del Museo Nazionale Etrusco e a pochi metri dal Duomo di Tarquinia, sorge l’Arcadia Ristorante.Tra soffitti a volte e storiche colonne, in un’atmosfera calda ed accogliente, buon cibo e buon vino, renderanno le vostre ricorrenze e i vostri incontri indimenticabili.La cucina ricercata e creativa, propone i gusti gastronomici del territorio, giocando tra tradizione e gusto moderno, lo stile e l’eleganza esalteranno i vostri palati.Profumi e sapori varieranno ad ogni stagione affinché la qualità dei nostri piatti, possa essere sempre esaltata al massimo.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

My wife and I stopped here on a short visit to Tarquinia. Our goal was to have lunch there on the way to Rome's airport at Fiumincino. We arrived an hour or so before the restaurants open for lunch, so we had a small amount of time to walk around the old city and marvel at its position in the countryside and its rich trove of Etruscan artifacts.

We noticed the menu of the restaurant Arcadia as we walked around as well as a few others. On the basis of the menu, we decided to lunch at Arcadia. The restaurant was fully packed when we walked in. There was a very large party that occupied all of the front room but we were offered a table in the back where it was a bit less noisy.

The interior of the restaurant comprises adjacent dining areas, wonderfully lighted and beautifully decorated.

My wife and I both opted for seafood price-fixed menu -- four courses, dessert, water, and wine -- for EUR 25 each person.

Antipasto was a lightly-smoked swordfish carpaccio, dribbled with EVOO and sitting on a bed of arugula. Delicious. The first course was a pasta with mussels and cherry tomatoes. I loved every bite, but my wife did not like this dish too much. The second course was beautifully grilled shrimp and a small salad. Two esspressi and a grapa at the end added an extra EUR 6 to the tab.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We have been having lunch at Arcadia for several years when visiting Tarquinia and the spectacular National Etruscan Museum. The restaurant is a few steps from the museum entrance making it unnecessary to walk any distance or drive anywhere. The menu features seafood, with both traditional and more unusual preparations. We have always found the food to be fresh, well-prepared and reasonably priced. Service is friendly and the ambience is comfortable. I am particularly fond of the "paranza" or seafood fritto misto, never greasy but occasionally over-salted. They will hold the salt on request. Recommended!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We had such a good meal of mixed fried seafood and pasta with zucchini and vongole.
Verdure grilliata and mixed salad as sides.
Fresh perfectly cooked ,pleasant sevice,price under 40 euro including an espresso and water.
Wish they open in London!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Arcadia is just across from the Museo Archaeologico Tarquinia. We went in before our museum visit, and had a lovely meal. I had an exquisite pici chingale, and my wife had a superb spaghetti vongole followed by wonderful grilled squid. A lovely break between the Necropolis and the Museum.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here for the first time after the management change. The interior is the same as before but the menu shows some interesting changes. I had stuffed anchovies, rather good. Then I tried spaghetti with clams that I order to test if the place is really good as, despite their simplicity, they require excellent ingredients and good cooking technique. The taste and cooking were very good but unfortunately, there were quite a few broken shells that made it unpleasant to eat. This happens when the clams are not stirred with the necessary gentleness. I complained with the waiter, I will go back in a few weeks, see if they learned the lesson and report!