See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Austrian style hotel with a very good kitchen. Tasteful menu with the Austrian touch.
Around hotel there is enough parking space.
There is a small spa in the hotel, however we didn't use it as we went to Aqua Dome which is in walkable distance. Just 10 minutes.
Was here already in 2014 and will definitely come back

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016

After all odds I went back this year ... and what a surprise it was much, but much better this year. The rooms were still very clean like last year. But the food was much better, we never had to wait long for our food. The boss and staff were much friendlier. even the free wifi was better/stronger this year.
I recommend this hotel, just ask a room not facing the street is my tip.

So the pro's this year:
- Good food
- Clean rooms
- price/quality unbeatable
- Buss stops in front of the hotel
- enough places to park your car

Con's
- the ventilation in the toilet could be better

Room Tip: Ask a room not facing the street. Our room 211 is a great family room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Bartwauters
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

When booking our honeymoon we had originally planned on staying at the Aqua Dome for 1 night (Friday nights are their romantic nights open till midnight) but at 382 euros it's a little steep!

Hotel Zum Hirschen not only offers outstanding service and such a beautiful stay but also free entry into the Aqua Dome and pools. The location is not 200ft away, perfect for walking and down a quiet lane. It is also opposite a grocery store and only a few minutes from other restaurants if you didn't select the halfboard option (we didn't).

What we loved the most was the kindness we received upon arriving. Both the lady running the place and Marcus introduced themselves, gave us a bottle of wine and Marcus also printed out a selection of maps so we could plan our route throughout Austria the next day. He had so many recommendations and really knew the area, it was great speaking with him and we are so grateful!

Not only were we thrilled at how generous everyone was, but had another surprise when checking into our room that we were staying in the two bedroom family apartment. The apartment was great! It was so nice having a large fridge/freezer, a sink to do laundry and a balcony. The apartment is also packed with storage spaces, perfect for any family with a lot of ski gear. Our only complaint was to watch your head by the sink, the oven fan is right next to it. The wifi worked well throughout the apartment (we could use Netflix).

We were a little late to breakfast and surprised to find that a lot of the food had not been replenished (out of eggs and bacon), but nevertheless what we had was good and standard for a continental breakfast.

Overall a fantastic stay, I would highly recommend and encourage others to stay too!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2015

The hotel is located +/- 15 minutes driving from the lifts in Sölden.

I was there with a friend, we arrived very late (2 AM) due to heavy traffic, but the staff had made arrangements for us so we could enter without any problem.

Rooms are very spacious and clean.

Sleep quality is good (good beds, no noise from hallway or rooms next door).

Breakfast buffet with more than enough choice.

We stayed half board, normally on ski holiday I always try to take only breakfast but my friend booked half board and I did not regret it for a second. Every night you can eat à la carte! Very nice for a half board! The restaurant is rather big and not exclusively for hotel guests so it can get full and in that case waiting times are a bit longer, but not extremely long to be honest.

We just booked for the upcoming season again and are looking forward to it, especially considering prices they charge are really ok! Great value for money here!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ozrules
Reviewed 22 February 2015

I will try to be as objective as I can. Everything is still fresh because I am one day back home.
Positive: - very clean room.
(We had room 211 on the second floor with windows on the side. So not facing the busy street. It was in the new/renovated part of the hotel).
- the ladies working in the bar/restaurant a very helpful
- Bus to Sölden stops in front of the hotel.

Negative:
- Everyday we had to wait very (!) long to get our food. When we complained to the boss (he isn't a very warm person) he didn't apologies, he just said that he has 200 people eating so it's normal. I don't thing waiting over 1h30 min to get our main course is normal.
I think the problem is that a lot of people that don't sleep in the hotel come to this hotel to eat and they have priority in the kitchen. Another problem is that there isn't enough staff in the restaurant. If you sit at your table you have to wait 15 - 20 minutes before someone comes to your table to ask what you want to drink.
Overall eating is not a pleasant time.
- Breakfast is everyday the same thing. That wouldn't be a problem if there is a lot of variation. But there is a lack of variation. Everyday we came to dinner at 8:15 and we where one of the last ones. It's strange but most of the people came around 7:30. Don't ask me why... .SO at 8:15 a lot of the food was gone, and they don't replace everything when it's gone. Only had 2 times croissants, the rest of the days they where already "sold out".

There were a few other things that bothered me, and you must know as you see in my other reviews I am not a difficult person.
So a review:
- Long waiting for food
- not enough food at breakfast
- the "big" boss is not helpful
- don't book a room facing the noisy street
- always a bad smell in the toilet
- Very clean rooms (thumbs up for the cleaning ladies)
- bus stops in front of the door
- ...

I won't be coming back here!

Room Tip: Room 211 is a great room, not facing the noisy street.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family