Logis Auberge La Diege(Capdenac-Gare)
Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 101
USD 92
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 04/08
USD 71
USD 69
  • Room Service
Le Murier de Viels(Causse-et-Diege)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 116
USD 112
Orbitz.com
Hotel Les Carillons(Cransac)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
ComfortInns.com
Riv'Hotel(Maleville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 60
All reviewsgreat funthere are so manyfeel at homegreat companydelicious foodan added bonusfabulous holidayfellow guestsplentiful supplyhis teamdining tablehome madevaried terraineight yearslearn somethingtaking lessonsholiday of a lifetime
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My Wife and I recently returned from a one week trail ride (March) at French Riding Holidays. This takes the definition of a "Hack " to a completely new level. Exciting , Challenging, Exhilarating, Safe. We averaged approx. 20 miles per day encompassing all terrains including steep inclines and descents. (Best bit 3km Canter).Each night we stayed in a different location taking in picturesque Villages such as Conques, Belcastel, and Balsac,Either in Beautiful Self Catered accommodation and feed by Amandas delightful dishes or in Hotels including Dinner. The trip Scenery, Food , Wine and company was worth it alone Plus wonderful riding.
Dereck ensures all riders have the appropriate training and riding competencies' and puts a lot of effort to match Horse and rider to ensure both are happy.
The Staff Stacy, Kaylee and Mike are wonderful providing all the support necessary for a well planned trail ride delivering bags, a continuous supply of all inclusive food, WINE and being Support riders.
The most fantastic Hosts,
A very professionally planned safe and Extremely enjoyable riding holiday,

See you in October we've booked again

David and Claire
Rutland

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I usually don’t go to the same place twice, but I have been back here 4x already! The staff are amazing and make you feel so comfortable, food and wine is superb and the horses are the best I’ve ever ridden (I’ve fallen in love with their Arabs who are a delight to ride). As soon as I leave I am already booking in my next visit!! Thoroughly recommended holiday for horse riders of all levels.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
derek p, Owner at French Riding Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thanks Lil .. Always a pleasure to have you here .. Especially smiling and giggling on our rides .. See you next time!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We did not feel welcome on this holiday. There were other visitors clearly favoured by the hosts.The riding was good and the staff were helpful, it was the hosts themselves who weren't. Food was good but I would not go back.

Stayed: February 2017
derek p, Owner at French Riding Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Orchid1971
Im sorry you have had a bad experience on a riding holiday. As we have no record of you staying with us, we are hoping this review is not meant for us at the Mas De Clamouze. We pride ourselves in making all our guests feel very welcome. With very best wishes, the team at French Riding Holidays.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were at French Riding Holidays for one week between 03/01/2018 and 10/01/2018. The owners and staff have a way of making you feel at home immediately, and the atmosphere at the gîte is informal and comfortable. I have never met anyone so knowledgeable and passionate about horses as Derek. It was a privilege to be in his company, observing him and learning from him. Anything you ask him about horses or riding, he will explain to you in an easily understandable way, and the wealth of knowledge he possesses is astounding.
The price of the holiday includes all food and drink including wine and beer, and the quality of the meals is outstanding. Amanda is an amazing cook, and serves up a huge variety of dishes from all continents, all of which are to die for. We completely overate all week, vowing to go on a diet when the week was over. The wines are local, delicious and copious.
The rooms are fairly small, but the beds are very comfortable, and you are only really in there to sleep. The rest of the time we weren’t out riding, we were sitting around the dining table, lounging in front of the fire, hanging out on the terrace... life at the gîte is communal and sociable.
The riding consists of twice a day hacks through varied terrain, with beautiful views and old villages. The horses are gentle, well behaved, and impeccably cared for and trained. It was a real pleasure riding them. We rode out with Derek and Stacey on different days, and both are great leaders, giving you tips and instruction along the way to really help you get the most out of the experience rather than have you just blindly follow them about on a horse.
This holiday has it all - great riding, great food, great company (including that of three friendly dogs). We have been planning our return almost since the day we arrived.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissElizaBennet
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Well I arrived at FRH a nervous beginner rider and left having jumped a log on the trek course! So exciting to fast canter through the woods and gallop across fields and I can do hands, shoulders, knees and toes while trotting! The big thank you for that goes mostly to Stacey who took me out on my first hacks and backed up by Kaylee, both great teachers that instilled me with confidence in my own abilities. A lovely welcome on arrival (thank you Mike by telling me repeatedly I'll be okay in the car on the way) and the most delicious food - I thought I hated duck but apparently I don't when Amanda cooks it! And the horses, oh the horses, they are so well trained and happy - am missing Dizzy and Pitch already! Derek, backed up by his team are excellent at matching horses with riders. I really really can't wait to go on a trail ride with them...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo