All reviews central market sibu town cheese cake within walking distance night market double bedroom rooms are clean room service parking space cafe sarawak kfc jetty sugarbun emas bathtub face
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Strategically located in town and not far off from the Jetty for the Hinterland of Sarawak.
Rooms are clean with decent facilities and amenities. Not forgetting good and attentive hotel staff too.
Breakfast selection is decent , would have been nice if the local Mee Kolok are served.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mohdruizrazyn
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We had to attend to a family event in Sibu and I decided we should stay at Tanahmas Hotel. I thought it would be nice to see the hotel again after more than 20 years! The first and last time I was here was in early 1997.

The hotel looked well maintained even after all those years and I am really glad that it has been well looked after. The carpet may looked a little worn out but otherwise everything was pretty clean and tidy.

If I remember correctly, we got the Emas room which was located at level 11. The room was clean and tidy as well. All fixtures worked well. And most of all, the bathtub had a non-slippery mat available! That is something I don't get to see at any other hotels I've been to and I do appreciate it because we have a young child with us and she often slipped on hotel bathrooms. Other than that, we have no complains about the room we were at. In fact, we had a great view overlooking the river and the Central Market.

Hotel staff were courteous. They were not right in the face friendly but generally quietly nice.

Complementary buffet breakfast was basic. We ordered food via the room service and the laksa Sarawak was scrumptious! I would recommend that! The food came pretty quickly too (maybe it wasn't peak season and there weren't many rooms occupied?).

The hotel is also located pretty much at Sibu town centre and the main attractions are the Central Market and the night market! The Sarawak House next to another hotel is also a mere walking distant. The river express going to upriver town of Kapit is just after the Central Market. The Central Market is also next to the town's UCT (government offices like JPN, etc.). Walk a little and you can see the iconic Sibu temple with a pagoda building.

After more than 20 years, the hotel is still in good condition and did not disappoint. Definitely going to stay here again in our next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2017

the room is clean and tidy. l like the environment of hotel. The foods at there are nice. There are special offer for cheese cakes when l paid the visit at there the hospitality of hotel is good and workers are friendly.

Room Tip: non-smoking room is good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank fusiawpeeng
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Sibu town do not offer plenty of stylist stay but this hotel might be the only one close to that. Eventhough room size is a bit small but the cleanliness and location are both looking good. Breakfast is by far the best in town. Just remember to be cautious when you enter the premise since you have to climb a few flight of stairs.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Tanahmas' central location is a winner hands down! Popular restaurants, confectionary, central market are within walking distance. Tanahmas has been around for many years but its rooms had been refurbished. Room 911's layout blew my mind away! Upon entering the huge room, the bedroom and sitting room are on the right and left respectively, connected by a pleasant corridor, a cannily private set up. Both rooms give you different views. A hitch in the plumbing system caused the bathroom floor to be wet all the time...had to tread carefully...hope the hotel manage to fix it! Fruits sent to the room were big and fresh! Was pleasant dealing with Richard upon checking in and the concierge staff were very helpful too. I've stayed in other newer hotels but this one won my heart.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business