We made our booking via telephone and was ideal as they accepted our Dog, however, they said we had to have a Part-refurbished room as its was the only Dog room they had, we thought that was fine and was cheaper anyway as the website stated a promotion running for part-refurb rooms (bedroom done but bathroom not refurbed yet) and the staff on the phone re-iterated this. So we booked in for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast, as the rate was so cheap we went for the full works.
I was then sent my confirmation email after booking.
We arrived on the day and the Reception interior and Bar, and Restaurant had all been nicely refurbished.....but then you walk through to the bedroom corridors and you are thrown swiftly back into the 1970's with an awful musty smell! The hotel is truly awful behind the scenes and is need dire need of refurb!!! We didnt complain as we knew this is partly why they are letting the rooms so cheap, and also we had a bathroom in our room which was exteremely run down with barely any hot water running through, but it was cheap so we compromised.
At dinner that evening, the very friendly waitress asked if we were residents and we replied yes we have Dinner included in our rate, and then halfway through our Dinner, a lady who i think was a member of the family who runs the Hotel, rudely interrupted us and said we do NOT have Dinner included in our rate and that we had paid for Bed and Breakfast only!!! I then replied and said this is not the case as we are in a very run down part of the hotel and in a part-refurb room so we are on the cheap rate and so we paid extra to have dinner included, she argued with me and said the rate we paid was for B&B only! I was then forced to show my confirmation email to prove this which i did, and then she said, very defensively, "Fine i will have to honour it then i guess!!!" and walked off. What i found very odd was, my parents came up a day later, booked DBB for one night in a FULLY refurbished room and PAID THE SAME as us ?!?! According to the Lady owner, we should have paid MORE for only our PART-REFURB room on a rate only of B&B?? She really wasnt making any sense and clearly had no idea what she was doing.
All in all, the Hotel is ok, the staff very friendly but the Lady who owns the hotel (or maybe the Daughter of the owner) hasnt any idea what she is doing and likes to bark orders at her very patient staff it seems....and her customers!! However the rest of the Family seem very nice!
Like i say, dont expect very much......but its ok....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 52 Bedroom Hotel, Built in 1880 and set in seven acres of gardens, lawns and woodlands, the hotel is ideally situated for the Woodhall Spa Golf Club, village and surrounding tourist sights. The Golf Hotel is currently under new management and under going a full refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golf Hotel And Aqua Sante Spa
- The Golf Hotel & Aqua Sante Woodhall Spa
- Hotel Aqua Sante
- The Golf Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire