“Superb”
other traveller has booked this property
Amazing wooden bath - perfect for 2. Bathroom also has a small wet room with shower +toilet and sink
Lovely living room is warm and welcoming with wood-burning stove and underfloor heating Beautiful bedroom with beams.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Beautiful bedroom with beams.
The Manor House Stables - an 18th century stable block beautifully restored in 2008
Cosy well-equipped kitchen with electric Everhot range cooker, Belfast sink, microwave and fridge.
Plenty of goodies are provided - veggies, sausages, eggs, milk, chocolates, bread, wine, jam + more
Other essentials are provided too like tea, coffee and sugar as well as milk, butter & bread
The private little garden just outside the kitchen door with basket swing, BBQ, picnic table & more
We are pleased to say that we have had many wonderful reviews!
The Manor House Stables in Winter - lovely and warm and cosy inside by the wood-burning stove!
The Lancaster flying over our house
Fields surrounding the Manor House
We offer half day 'Courses just for 2' for guests to the Stables
Awards we've wone
Awards we've wone
The Manor House Stables logo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
John F
“Superb”
Reviewed 27 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Absolutely gorgeous place with so many small attentions to detail. The Bothy is spacious, warm, idyllic, comfortable and was the ideal romantic time capsule to getaway in. Sherry and Irvine were very friendly and welcoming - really good people who made sure we had everything we need. All the little touches make this a beautiful place to stay. We loved it and can't wait to return

Management Response
1 Mar 2018
What a lovely review John! I am so pleased you enjoyed your short stay here. I love your description of the Bothy as a 'romantic time capsule'! And thank you very much for your kind compliments of myself and my husband, they are really appreciated. I look forward to meeting you both again on your next stay, Thanks again!
athomeabr...
Riverside, California
“I felt at home the minute I walked in”
Reviewed 11 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

The Manor House Stables have been renovated in such a way that the accommodation feels like a personal home. The rooms include a sitting room, a well-equipped kitchen, comfortable bedrooms, a bathroom with deep tubs and showers, and an private outside garden patio. Everything was tastefully done and is exceptionally clean and tidy. The underfloor heating kept everything warm. It would be a good place not only to stay for a short time but also to live more permanently! Lincoln with its Cathedral, Castle and town are not far away and a wonderful place to visit. Woodall Spa and Tattershall are even closer. For those who enjoy history, there is a small but very interesting World War I museum in the same building. Highly recommend a weekend or longer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Home-like atmosphere
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
12 Feb 2018
Thanks for your really good and comprehensive review. I am pleased that you not only enjoyed staying in the Bothy but also that you enjoyed Lincolnshire. We hope you can make it over here from California again and stay longer next time!
Michael C
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Felt like home...but much much better!”
Reviewed 10 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I stayed in the Bothy in January this year when my central heating system broke down and I had to find somewhere quickly to stay. And after 3 nights I wished my central heating would never get fixed! It was so warm and cosy and comfortable in the Bothy, there was nothing I needed that wasn’t provided. And although I live in Lincolnshire I found out loads of information in the books in the Bothy about my county that I didn’t know! There is an amazing Visitor’s Book which the owner Sherry has put together which describes the Top Ten of things to do in the area, where to eat, what to see, unique places to go, local markets and events. I can’t believe there are so many places in Lincolnshire that I haven’t been to! There were also dvds, games and other books so I was very busy without even leaving the cottage! I did my own cooking using all the equipment (the cupboards are full of things to use if you decide to cook when you’re away)except for the first night when Sherry prepared an excellent meal of the best roast vegetables I’ve ever tasted along with the best Lincolnshire sausages I’ve ever tasted! And this was topped by a huge dish of apple crumble (not just normal apple crumble, but full of spices and topped with oats) served with cream. There was more than enough for the next day too! And Sherry provides plenty of fresh vegetables plus more Lincolnshire sausages as well as milk, butter, bread, a basket full of things like chocolates, crisps and plum bread which she makes herself.

I slept so well – it was so peaceful, so warm and the bed so comfy. The bath is amazing (it’s made of wood!), but I mainly enjoyed sitting in the cosy living room in front of the woodburning stove and just relaxing. I felt very happy here, but sadly had to leave at the end of my short stay. Just waiting for another chance to come and have a few nights away in this little ‘home from home’.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall atmosphere and high level of comfort
Liked least: I liked evrything!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mike R
Barrow upon Humber, United Kingdom
“Bread making in Lincolnshire”
Reviewed 13 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Had a great time staying in the Boffy, quaint and attractive accommodation.
But the best part of staying here is the course that Sherry runs in bread making.
I had no idea what to expect, and have no experience at bread making, but came away with a new skill.
Highly recommended for both the course and the stay.

Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
whatmayst...
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Didn't want to come home!”
Reviewed 19 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We are just home from staying 3 nights at Manor House Stables. We stayed in the smaller of the two stables available The Bothy.

We were greeted on arrival by Sherry who took us in and gave us a tour and showed us how everything works and suggested a few things for us to do and places to eat while we were in the area. On that note I would recommend taking the car as it opens up popping into the other villages for pubs/restaurants/supermarket nearby. You can get the bus in the village direct to Lincoln City centre for £3.75 each and takes about half and hour if you don't have the car.

Back to the stables. The Bothy is cute, quirky, cosy and has a very 'homely country cottage' feel. Under floor heating throughout keeps you nice and cosy however I'd recommend turning it down and enjoying the wood burning fire as it just adds to the whole experience of living in this delightful setting,

There's a TV, DVD player and CD player with a selection of chick flicks, books, CDs and board games to keep you entertained if you just want to sit in and enjoy getting away from it all.

Wifi in the Bothy was hit and miss depending where you were sat, however, for us not an issue and we go on holiday to get away from all that!

The bathroom features a wet room style shower area and a huge wooden bath. Both of you can get in there for a nice long soak. We stuck some music on and managed around 2 hours in there with a nice drink or two!

I could go on about this place all night but the biggest bit of advice I can give is to visit and find out for yourself how charming this holiday rental really is. We really enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing