“Great find lovely lunch”

Village Limits Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Woodhall Spa
Price range: USD 11 - USD 33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are an award winning gastro pub serving delightful home-cooked local food. We pride ourselves on friendly service, in a relaxing atmosphere with honest cooking.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We walked to this lovely pub for lunch while staying at Bainland. We passed a few other places to eat on the way, it was quite a long walk, but so glad we kept on walking. Lovely lunch, great friendly service and reasonable prices.
We got there quite late after lunch and realised, only when we left that we arrived only 30 mins before they stopped serving and unbeknown to us the lovely ladies must have stayed late for their shifts to accommodate us. They did not make a hint that they were closing which is very nice and needs a special mention to their bosses!
I had the best goats cheese and red pepper panini thing that I’ve ever had. They made my friend an off-menu vegetarian lunch, no trouble.
If ever in the area again, I would go back and maybe try dinner next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying in Bainland and went on a Sunday morning walk and found ourselves in this fab pub. The menu for Sunday lunch was amazing and being an awkward group of ladies we asked for items of the menu such as a starter as a main, a full dinner with no meat and the staff were FANTASTIC. They took every request and helped us with different ideas and options nothing we asked was responded with a sigh or a NO. They made us incredibly welcome the food was really good and the price great. This is what service and customer care really looks like. There is nothing they could have done to give us a better experience. We went for one drink and stayed over 2 hours after a number of drinks and lovely food. Thanks to everyone working there you made our weekend end on a brilliant high

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having lived in Woodhall for some years and never tried the village limits we decided to give it a go. Staff were pleasant and welcoming and service was fine. The food was ok, pretty much as expected and my husband enjoyed his pie immensely. I ordered a fillet steak which sadly was chewy and inedible. The manager commented that I was the second person that week to experience that and she would speak to the butcher. Still had to pay for the steak but one round of drinks was complimentary. Not a dog friendly place which for us is important so unlikely to visit again

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We ate here one Wednesday evening, lovely to walk here from Woodhall Spa country Park Lodges. The food and the staff were first class, we couldn't fault anything. Not sure why the place was nearly empty, defiantly worth a visit. And compared to other places we ate during our stay not as costly. And the food was far better.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My daughter booked this for my birthday,7 adults 2children,service really good nice to see a pub being an actual pub
not a chain,really enjoyed the food,really good menu to choose from,got really busy as the evening went on
Hence the name of this revue many thanks would definitely visit if I am in the area