“Fantastic staff”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 17
Cuisines: Fast food, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Charlies Cafe and Bar is on the edge of the Akapuao Marine Reserve. Enjoy light meals of chicken teriyaki cheese melt paninis tuna cheese melt paninis, fresh fish sandwiches, island infused fruit smoothies, beef, chicken and fish burgers, fresh salads, teas, milkshakes. We are now open for dinner untill 8pm Monday through untill Friday with live music EVERY one of those nights. Saturdays we open at 11 and close at 3.30pm. Try our cocktails, Charlies lager on tap- brewed by the Rarotonga Brewing Company, Matutu Ale and lager, Te Kou sparkling water and still, Vaima still water and a selection of beers- corona, Heinken, Speights, Steikarger- wines- Sav, pinot gris, chardonnay, pinot noir, shiraz and merlot. Kayaks and paddleboards are availabke for hire. Bookings recommneded for large groups :) ka kite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I ordered the steak with veggies and chips but minus the steak, as I’m vegetarian. The waiter ensured I was charged fairly due to the changes to the meal and I was soon presented with a gigantic plate with every sort of vegetable imaginable, along with chips and mushroom sauce. Often at restaurants, if you ask for meat to be removed from the meal, you get a pile of lettuce and a few chips, so it was awesome to see staff going above and beyond to ensure I had a delicious meatless meal!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can't rate this restaurant highly enough! We ate here multiple times during our recent trip to Rarotonga and it was consistently great every time! The food was delicious (and very reasonably priced) and the staff was always friendly. Also right on the beach with live music almost every night! It's an awesome place for a casual meal or just hang out with a couple of drinks.
My only suggestion is they start serving breakfast! ☺️

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really liked this place. It was a popular wee place overlooking the water. The sandwich my partner got was huge - he loved it. I had a bounty bar milkshake which was so good - highly recommend it. Thanks!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our group had a 2 course meal in February. All the servings were extra large, and many of us took half of our meal home for later. Fish was nicely grilled, along with chips and a fresh salad. Chocolate cake portions were very large, but delicious.

The day we dined, the breeze was a northerly making the seated area hot and confined. Best to visit when the prevailing trade winds are blowing, if possible, for a summer time visit.

Engaging singing by Charlie and Varani at our occassion. Thank you Mary for being a supreme hostess as always.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First night we had dinner here- yummy but we also really enjoyed the live music, the people the evening.
Then we went back for lunch few days later - amazing once again, great food great people and m love the dogs. Really enjoyed hanging with the dogs and feeling like I was at home and the fact the dogs are all family.