What a lovely place! We stayed at RBB for 3 nights from 20-23 September. The bungalows are just wonderful. Our bungalow was a beachfront one - which was large, well appointed, and very clean and tidy. The units all seem to be quite new and very well maintained. The bed was superbly comfortable and the bathroom nice and spacious, with a large towel rack (which is important when swimming a lot!). We had a large deck with an unbeatable view, with comfortable chairs for lounging. The restaurant at the resort next door has lovely food, and the staff there were much more friendly than at other places we tried on the island.
We really enjoyed swimming out front from RBB - like taking a warm bath! The swimming is nice at this spot, in that the water is deep enough (unlike other places we tried in the Cook Islands) and the sand is very clean and sandy, rather than being stony.
We enjoyed a walk to the North on the beach, to Fruits of Rarotonga - which reportedly has excellent snorkelling. But we actually only swam out the front of the bungalows. The bungalows each have kayaks and snorkelling gear is provided. I must admit, we didn't raise enough energy to move from our deck and into the kayaks at any stage - but aim to do that next time.
Because YES YES YES! We will be back! This is a magic slice of paradise and a wonderful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With just five (5) deluxe beach bungalows clustered in a native village atmosphere, these units all offer the laid back and unique feeling of visiting the South Seas of the 1940's. All units front on a wide, white sand beach where the tropical lagoon in front is a national maritime protected area -- and,thus, allows endless snorkeling adventures. All bungalows are separate, free standing, Polynesian designed units. All have coconut thatch roofs, bamboo interior walls, colorful cloth on the ceiling and white sand at each bungalow entry. All are furnished with modern amenities. The property strives to offer the maximum BEACH fun with a 'spirit of the islands'. Nothing here is stuffy, snobby, stainless steel -- just a great secluded location for couples to enjoy the BEACH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Rarotonga Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Hotel Titikaveka
- Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Cook Islands - Titikaveka