“Wonderfully attentive service”

Price range: USD 13 - USD 34
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Little Polynesian Restaurant offers casual poolside dining in an open air setting with the most spectacular views on the Titikaveka lagoon. Enjoy a tropical island breakfast, lunch and dinner with a fusion of classic fare with Polynesian cuisine. To complete your dining experience, indulge in one of our tropical dessert delights, a coffee, or perhaps a cocktail or two!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service I received from Juita was the best of my trip. He was attentive without being over the top and just generally made me feel very well cared for. The restaurant is around the pool area. Even though it was very windy the night I visited the dining area was comfortable. I was in a covered area and there were plastic screens rolled down to maintain the view while blocking the wind. Juita also brought around cozy blankets for all of the ladies in the restaurant in case we should need them.

I had the Mongolian beef dish (I don't remember the exact name) and it came out sizzling on a cast iron plate and had the most delicious smell. The taste was excellent too. For desert I had an impeccably made creme brulee. Overall both the service and the food made it feel like a true fine dining experience.

1  Thank chucklebelly

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We had another amazing meal here! We come to Raro every year and the Little Polynesian is our favourite restaurant! Juita (spelling?) and Shanaia (??) were super friendly, always greeting us by name and very attentive making sure we didn’t want for anything. Even though it isn’t customary to tip in the Cook Islands, we still insisted on leaving them both a big tip. They worked so hard to ensure everyone was well looked after. The food was fantastic as always. I had the Ika Mata, bruschetta and tuna sashimi which melted in my mouth and all was mouth-wateringly delicious. My husband had the ruby rare tuna and he absolutely loved it (and he’s a fish snob). And the desserts..... luckily my dessert stomach had space! Definitely make reservations as it’s quite small and books up fast. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We recently had dinner at the Little Poly and it was very nice. I had the yellow finned tuna and veges and my husband had a steak, both done very nicely. Our friend had the pork belly and unfortunately it was tough and there wasn't much in the way of veg with it although she did say the flavours were very nice, just took a lot of chewing. A beautiful setting with the infinity pool and the staff were friendly and attentive. Prices were pretty reasonable too.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Our first meal on the island. After several email requests for dinner reservations we were not able to secure one however since we were staying close by we walked over around 5:30pm for an early dinner and were seated promptly as no one had arrived yet. About an hour later the place was almost full, it is a small place however. The setting was lovely, they provide soft blankets for the ladies, and the food was really delicious. The service was amazing and our lovely waiter was attentive and helpful and often greeted us by name through the dinner.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was delicious and quite reasonably priced for the quality! Suzy & Jiuta work so hard and are very friendly. Excellent drinks and they easily accommodates us as vegetarians. The mushroom risotto was A+. I highly recommend.