“Lovely”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Shorefield

Stunning view from comfortable living room
Tranquil location overlooking Loch Harport Nearby pier where fishermen land their catch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Tranquil location overlooking Loch Harport
Nearby pier where fishermen land their catch
Sample of delicious fresh seafood available locally
Well equipped, modern and stylish kitchen
Master Bedroom, with en-suite
Room with a view
Welcome tray on arrival
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

moira h
rosyth
“Lovely”
Reviewed 27 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This cottage is definately worth a visit the location is perfect everything you need it's lovely

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Midges
Travelling group: Friends
28 May 2016
Thank you so much Moira, for your great review. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Shorefield.
Rob R
Shropshire
“Well equiped house, excellent location, we will return!”
Reviewed 24 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This house was just perfect for us, stunning location above Loch Harport, very little passing traffic, good central location for both Cuillins and the main attractions in the North. Spotlessly clean, very grateful our dog could come too which is a big bonus. He was quite happy to stay in the small front hall. Kitchen compact but well equiped. Tasteful decor and a feeling of warmth throughout, all modern electronic entertainment you could ask for - but do you need any in such a wonderful location? Only three slight rooms for improvement: 1. Would have been nice to be able to e-mail the owner before to check access details & to personally thank her after (perhaps I just missed a link somewhre!). 2.No recycling available here or nearby except glass in Carbost. 3. Cooker instructions missing but manged to down load info of internet. Very minor niggles in an otherwise excellent stay. I would highly recomend this property.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Not applicable
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
5 Sep 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your excellent review of Shorefield. I am delighted that you enjoyed your holiday on Skye and your stay at Shorefield and that you would have no hesitation recommending the cottage.
I am really sorry to hear that you were unable to contact me. I was under the impression that my contact details were released by Holiday Letting once they received the deposit. I have taken note, and in future will make a point of messaging customers with my contact details and website address.
I am in the process of ordering a recycling bin, and this will hopefully be available for use within the next few weeks.
The cooker instructions have been found and will be left beside the hob, for guests arriving. I am in the process of drawing up a simplified version of instructions for the hob and oven, which will be placed on the wall beside the hob.
I hope you had a safe and enjoyable journey back down south and thanks again for choosing to stay at Shorefield, while holidaying on my home island.
Rakicat
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Stunning Location”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Spent a week in this cottage for our first ever trip to the Isle of Skye; it took us 11 hours to get to Shorefield, thank goodness for the very precise instructions, but it was worth the journey.

The cottage was comfortable and spacious with plenty of good quality kitchen and dining utensils. All rooms were decorated nicely throughout and were very clean on arrive; nice en-suite to the main bedroom.

The cottage was in a fantastic setting overlooking Loch Harport; very relaxing. The cottage was a 10 minute drive from Carbost where you will find a shop, the Old Inn which serves good food and drink and the Talisker distillery (worth a visit).

We found Shorefield to be a good base for exploring the island.The only negative that we have is that there could have been better instructions to finding the password for the wifi and the cooker instructions were a little difficult to understand. Overall, brilliant cottage, great location and would recommend it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and setting of the cottae
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
29 Aug 2015
Thank you very much for your excellent review of Shorefield. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay there.

I was sorry to learn about the difficulties you encountered when trying to operate the cooker and also finding the WiFi password. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention, which I have taken on board and acted on, accordingly.

In future, the WiFi password will be on a laminated card, which will be placed, in clear view, on the coffee table, in the living-room.

I am in the process of drawing up a simplified version of the instructions for the oven and hob, which will be placed on the wall in the kitchen. The Oven and hob are high quality, but I do appreciate they can be a bit difficult to operate initially, but once you know how it is quite straight forward.

I hope you had a good journey back home and I look forward to welcoming you to Shorefield should you decide to come back and stay in the future.

Bilncrs
Barking, United Kingdom
“Really nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 8 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Four of us stayed for 4 nights in Feb & all of us thought it a fantastic place to use as our base for touring the Island.
Although it was in the middle of winter the place was really warm, with fantastic views.
We drove into Carbost (10 minute drive away) every night for dinner & a drink, but the house has "everything" needed to be self sufficient.
The WIFI is excellent & the Freeview tv has all the channels needed. There is even dvd's provided.

Away from the property, there is a hotel/bar within walking distance, but it wasn't very welcoming, they refused to let us eat there, & only let you drink there if one of their guests are in the bar (we didn't return after our 1st visit). Instead, head for the Old Inn, in nearby Carbost (10 min drive away) great beer/food.

We also recommend the Wild Skye Boat trip. Situated near the Talisker Brewery.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
5 Sep 2015
Thank you very much for your excellent review of Shorefield. I endeavour to maintain a high standard of self catering accommodation, which is welcoming and a home from home for all my guests. I am so pleased you commented on the view from the living-room window, which I adore. I just love the panoramic view across the loch.
Thank you again and I hope you had a good journey back down South and hopefully you will visit Skye again in the future.
Lawman196...
Staffordshire
“What A Wonderful Place”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

OK, where to start. How about with the drive there.

I drove from Staffordshire to Portnalong in one go - it's one hell of a long route. But, the drive over Skye is stunning. To get there you pass the Talisker distillery in Carbost village. In that village there is a good pub and a shop for all your needs.

The location of Shorefield is nothing short of stunning. It's on a hill overlooking Loch Harport. The views are amazing - I'll add some images later. The place is new, it's not on Google Earth. It's also right close to a small hotel/pub.

The accommodation is of an excellent standard, the lounge has a large patio door that looks out over the stunning view to the loch. There is Wifi, a good Hifi and TV.

The bedrooms are all large and the kitchen is what it says - a Kitchen, a suitable place to eat. The whole place is extremely comfortable, very clean and modern. It has everything you'll need for a relaxing break away from it all.

Parking wise there is plenty for several cars.

What is most amazing about the place is the location - oh, I fell in love with the place. One night I stood on the patio and saw the Milky Way - I also saw the Northern Lights (but didn't realise until it was too late to photograph).

While I write this I am also in the process of booking this for my October 2014 trip.

Would I go there again, oh yes. Would I recommend this place to friends and family, yes indeed.

I've stayed in some really nice places, this ranks as one of my favourites.

Rich

Liked best: The amazing views
Liked least: There is nothing to dislike
Travelling group: Large Group
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Sep 2015
Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stays at Shorefield. Your photos are fantastic and thanks for sharing. Kindest Regards and Best Wishes, Catherine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing