Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
USD 45
USD 54
Agoda.com
USD 38
Booking.comUSD 60
Hotels.comUSD 54
eDreamsUSD 60
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This hotel looks quite dated already on the outside but the inside has been nicely renovated. The rooms are definitely at 4 star standard and I like the bathrooms with the glass window looking into the room from the shower (you can draw a blind if you wish!).

I traveled in offpeak season so me and my partner were the only ones using the pool at the time I visited. However the 2 pool boys working there provided a good service with meals and drinks served to us poolside. The pool bar was not in operation whilst we were there. I found the pool depth of 1.2 metres in all areas was a little too shallow for my liking.

The spa within the hotel is a quite high standard and we made use of the body scrub followed by oil massage for 900 baht (total treatment time was almost 2 hours).

I do agree with other posters here that staff have some trouble with english but I imagine the vast majority of travelers to this hotel are Thai's on business or having meetings or conventions etc. It's location out of town means that you will need to organise a tuk-tuk to get anywhere, however reception can cater for this not a problem. Nothing much in Trang but it's a great stopping point whilst en route to the Andaman islands and you simply must try the Trang specialty pork, Moo Yang. Ask a tuk-tuk driver to take you to a stall, it's delicious.

Date of stay: August 2012
10  Thank Aussie_Flyer_dotnet
Sureerat T, Manager at Rua Rasada Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay. We will take your advice to improve our hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

the rooms in Rua rassada were really nice and clean, view was ok, but we had this great balcony with no chairs to sit on so couldn t really enjoy it. The restaurant was quite nice and especially for the morning buffet which had a great selection. we do recommend to eat outside. one of the main problem we had with the hotel is that it is really far from the city centre and we had to take a tuk tuk every time we wanted to go out. overall a good hotel if you like massive convention hotels and not bothered about being in the city center.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank CAThailand

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed in above mentioned hotel with a good friend of mine for three nights. The room was great and the facilities as well. A nice well maintained swimming pool invites to swim. The gym has more than necessary equipment for bodybuilding and fitnesstrainig as well. To the facilities also belongs a spa which I did not use.
The food was good. I had Breakfast and room service and can really recommend it. The only complain I have, is the staff. They were always friendly as it typical for Thai people. But unfortunately we had a really communication problem. It was complicate to get what we ordered but I also need to make clear, that they efford a lot to satisfy our stay. All together I suggest this property for other travellers who visit the little province Trang in Thailand.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Alex H

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I've got a deluxe room which has a living area and city views. There are a lot of luxury stuffs. The hotel is near Robinson only 5-10 minutes' walk. All staffs always have smile on their faces and they're friendly.

I've got a free drink (welcome drink) at the bar near the lobby, no one there because it's a low season. Anyway a singer and a musician still singing and playing the music like a lot of people there even have only me and my husband. Spirited minds!

Date of stay: July 2012
3  Thank Jibbza

Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was the former MP Hotel, originally built in the early '90s, during the economic boom years. Its signature architecture is the boatshaped restaurant .., ..and the entire hotel has amazing spaces.After the economic crash in 1997, the hotel lingered , it was open but never really made much money. Last year, it was completely refurbished, and it reopened at New Year's as the new Rua Rusada Hotel, and I can only say 'WOW'. Trang is a charming sleepy but economically vibrant and thriving provincial town, - fishing, commerce, trade, agriculture. It is one of the hidden jewels of Southern Thailand.

The Rua Rusada Hotel is a tremendous assett to Trang. With one stroke, Trank is now on the map for conventions, large corporate functions and big family celebrations. The entire interiors are almost Zen, with a touch of retro ..clear lines, earth tone colour schemes, - pleasant to the eye and very functional. The lobby already gives you a taste what to expect once you get to your room - space ..lots of it !

I usually stay in Trang when I drive between Phuket and Malaysia/Singapore. So at the end of a long drive ..this hotel is a perfect stopover. Now , after its refurbishment ..one actually wants to stay longer ..the staff may not yet live up to international standards but ..they do try and they are on the best way to it. Rooms are spacious, a King-size bed, flat screen TV, amenities, a rain-shower type bathroom (a trifle on the small side), a large balcony with green views. The spacious coffee shop/restaurant is perfectly laid-out for both individual diners as well as for functions. Breakfast is a delight, ..not overdone in choices ..but with an acceptable variety of dishes. The bar is located just off the lobby, again lots of space, ..the new bar manager has many years of 5star hotel experience in Bangkok. The pool and the jacuzzi are great ..

We paid BT 2500 for a room , with breakfast ..and that is a very acceptable price. The main highway is nearby. By the way, the hotel is located just on the outskirts of Trang, on the old route No 4; I am mentioning it because the new bypass road channels all the through-traffice away from the town centre.

If in Trang, do visit the temples, enjoy the typical charm of Southern Thai friendliness and you will find great food - Southern Thai style. Just off Trang, there are many islands with pristine beaches, very few foreigners come here as they all head up to Krabi or Phuket ..so if you want to see an unspoiled part of Southern Thailand ...stay in Trang.

Date of stay: June 2012
4  Thank Mpfrederik

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.