“Great for coffee and cake ”

The Corbridge Larder
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Corbridge
Price range: USD 6 - USD 22
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Wholesome, freshly cooked meals prepared in house. Food cooked to order so, in busy periods, may be a 10 - 15 minute waiting time while we prepare your food. No microwaves on the premises.
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely gem on Corbridge with very friendly staff and simply superb coffee. I'm staying here and trying all their cakes. As well as the coffee shop there is a lovely little delicatessen selling local produce. This is well worth a boost and in my view serves the best coffee in Corbridge.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We visited the lovely town of Corbridge and found the Larder when we wanted a dog friendly place to stop for a coffee. They had a wide selection of teas and a good choice of cakes, although we did get the last scone. The staff were all friendly and the service was good. The stairs were difficult for our Nana to negotiate. But the best thing about the Larder was the deli that has a great selection of food and drink

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Came here for lunch and ordered Welsh Rarebit for around £6. It consisted of one wafer thin slice of sourdough with very little in the way of topping. For the price I would've expected 2 slices and a bit more topping, just felt really stingy of them to only give one small slice, wouldn't cut into their profit margin to be a little more generous.

When I complained about the potion size the lady just said she'd "pass the comments on".

Furthermore, they didn't have any low sugar cold drinks on offer which isn't the best when people are trying to watch their sugar intake.

Won't be eating here again when there are much nicer cafes in Corbridge.

Jennifer H, Owner at The Corbridge Larder, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi,
I'm extremely disappointed and sorry that you had a poor experience at the Larder. Our portions are normally generous so I'm not sure what happened in your case but you should have received more than 'passing the comment on'.

As regards the low sugar drink, we do sell Kombucha tea which is a low sugar/ calorie soft drink that also is a healthy option so you should have been offered this. I must admit, I purposely don't stock diet drinks as many contain aspartame which has been found to be a carsinogen.

Thank you for making us aware of areas we need to improve on & I will discuss these with the team.

I do hope you give us another chance & if you make yourselves known, I'd love you to try our Kombucha tea on the house to see what you think of it!

Jen

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We visited Northumberland for the weekend to see some of the Roman sites with our son and our puppy. We stopped for lunch at the Corbridge Larder and it was fabulous. I had the best sandwich I have ever eaten! The Mediterranean sandwich was delicious, my husband had something from the Specials board and my son had a toastie. The food was all great and the service was fab too. Even better, you can take dogs in to the cafe and the deli! It really is a gem of a place.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Great deli, the best brunch - staff are absolutely excellent, constantly friendly, food is good, infinitely better than Ario in Jesmond in terms of service.