“Cheese scone ”

Watling Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Corbridge
Price range: USD 8 - USD 13
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Great fresh daily specials, homemade cakes tray bakes and scones. Serving Corbridge and its visitors since 1976
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The cheese scone was perfect

The toasted cheese and tomato sandwich came on some lovely seedy bread with delightful and interesting salads.

Great coffee

Very cheerful staff

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank Alastair G

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere for lunch and found this cafe on trip advisor. A lot of the time we go into cafes or restaurants and don't feel welcome but in here it wasn't like that. It's a very friendly place and the food is lovely! Reasonably priced. I had a cheese and ham toastie which was £5.20 but came with a lovely salad and was in thick bread (either white or brown). There was a lot of filling so I was happy to pay £5.20. My partner got soup which came with a bread roll and was £5.50. I got a hot chocolate which was £2.50 and my partner got a coffee. The total was £15.50. Overall a lovely visit and I would happily return.

1  Thank ashleigh1804
stav1, Manager at Watling Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review The Watling Coffee House. Delighted you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again. Would just point out that the Homemade Soup and Roll is only £4.25.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

After travelling extensively in the north of England we were delighted to find this lovely cafe. We were cold and hungry and the menu with its extensive range of home cooked food suited all our tastes, including the vegetarian in our group. We were spoiled for choice but the quiche I chose was definitely the best I have ever tasted. The meat lovers and the soup lovers were equally satisfied. The staff were extremely warm and friendly and served us lovely coffee while they cooked and served our fresh, home cooked food. I would recommend it to locals and overseas visitors alike. Definitely on our list if we head through there again.

2  Thank finniganmargaret

Thank you for your excellent and accurate review! It’s great to know the effort put into maintaining high standards with freshly cooked food is rewarded and appreciated. We look forward to seeing you on your next North Of England adventure.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Called in late morning, too late for breakfast menu (which had some nice options not often seen in the UK) and just before lunchtime rush as then quickly filled up. Ordered quiche and filled roll which were served quickly, good accompaniments and tasty. Slightly disappointment with coffee as the latte had excess frothy milk and the flat white not steamed milk. Appears good baristas in the UK are a rare skill.

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review The Watling Coffee House. We are delighted you enjoyed the food, however, sorry to hear you did not enjoy the coffee. I would have gladly replaced them for you had it been brought to my attention. Our coffee is consistently complimented and mentioned many times on Tripadvisor, this is infact our first complaint about the coffee, so I dare to suggest it was a one off. There are many reasons as to why your coffee may not have been prefect, non of which will change the fact you did not enjoy yours so I will not bore you with them. I would just add that next time should there be anything amiss with food, drinks or service please tell us straight away. We can never eliminate human error but we can fix it so you leave The Watling Coffee House 100% satisfied. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you a perfect coffee next time!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

The food was fresh and well presented by pleasant staff. We were disappointed by the time we had to wait for the food that was two ciabatta's with a cold filling. It would have been understandable if the food had to be prepared and cooked or if it had been particularly busy, which was not the case. I was aware of another couple and overheard a comment from one of them to the other to the same effect.

Date of visit: September 2017
stav1, General Manager at Watling Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, albeit not one of our better ones, all genuine reviews are welcome.
I can only apologise if you felt you waited a long time for your food. This is obviously a rare occasion as the vast majority of our reviews would support.
It can however happen, rarely I hasten to add, that a guest may wait slightly longer than usual. We are dealing with very fresh ingredients that are all cooked to order. This does not detract from the fact that you felt you waited too long, and for that i apologise once again but take heart from the fact that you enjoyed the food and service otherwise