“Fab Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We visited today to sample the Sunday lunch. There was an amazing choice of food, something to suit everyone. From roast beef to tasty homemade pies.
The starters were large and all homemade, our party sampled potato skins, crab and tomato soup and liver parfait, all delicious. Not adventurous our choices were roast pork and roast beef. Huge plates with four slices of meat, Yorkshire’s and roast potatoes, the pork also had homemade stuffing. Vegetables cooked to perfection served separately.
Desserts looked amazing, sticky toffee pudding, a chocolate torte, creme brûlée to name a few. Unfortunately, we were too full to sample them.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Visited with my wife we had a table in the bar area that was lovely and warm,we has soup to start it was delicious quickly followed by gammon I had the fish and chips really enjoyed the meal.
Staff very attentive

2  Thank Tonet2414
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Visited with wife and father 12.30pm 28/12/2017 and immediately noticed it was very cold inside even though 2 fires were going. The waitress shrugged and said 'well it's an old building'. First time I have seen a room full of people eating wearing their coats. We decided to stay and the sausage and mash was ok. My wife had the fish and chips. The fish itself was well cooked but the batter was yellowy and mushy and needed to be scraped off and left in a greasy pile. Generally the food was acceptable. I think they did not heat the place up early enough but to be safe I'd visit spring/summer.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This is a fair sized pub on the edge of a large roundabout, so fairly easy to find and expect they get a lot of passing trade, too.

There's a fair bit of parking space, even if some motorists seem unable to fit their car between the white lines.

Inside, the place looks large and inviting. It was busy with Sunday lunch folk when we arrived.

Service ok and drinks prices reasonable. Food looked fair and certainly lots of people dining here.

1  Thank chestervoyager
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We were staying in Bellingham, but had previously visited the Errington Arms a few times on route to trips to England from Scotland, so fancied paying a return visit. We stopped off for a light supper and weren't sure what to expect, as it'd been a few years.

The welcome was as warm as ever. I had the fish pie, which was full of fish and prawns and had a lovely sauce and cheesy mash topping. My husband had a chicken ieve stuffed with pine nuts which he said was perhaps the best kiev he'd ever had. We got a sharing portion of veg - cooked perfectly al dente. I had a glass of very nice sauv blanc and we both had fizzy water and tea and coffee after.

If we'd been hungrier the starters and desserts all sounded very tempting, and those going out to the table across from us looked delicious.

The bill was a very respectable £39.

On a freezing cold night, the ambience with open fires was appreciated too, and the service warm and attentive.

I wish we lived nearer! Will definitely be back next time we head down south.