All reviews recommend this hotel one night swiss burger place to stay nice hotel croissants linoleum geneva lobby bed shower bunk microwave pros cons sleep eur
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We had a 'suite' EURO 83. The suite element was an extra 5 feet and 2 low chairs and a very low coffee table, shower cubical immediately adjacent to the bed and sink adjacent to the bed. Lots of wasted space very bad design. Hard floor and all just very very basic. We got ripped off with the room by the busy road, too noisy with windows open and we had to keep turning over in the night to get some blood back into the hip due to the terrible mattress. GIVE THIS ONE A MISS

Room Tip: if you have to stay here INSIST on being at the back
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
DIRECTRICE H, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Archamps Porte de Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear H L,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis budget Archamps Porte de Genève. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Budget, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

La Direction.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t help feeling pleased about this as it was really cheap and perfectly adequate - clean and pleasant: it’s billed as budget and it meets expectations. It was also very quiet. The lady at the desk was friendly and very helpful, warming a baby bottle for us in the staff microwave as the guest microwave in the lobby was being used, and offering advice on where to eat, etc. We had breakfast and again it was more than adequate and good value. Our only mutter of discontent would be with the room temperature: we all awoke at various points in the night because the room was baking; the thermostat didn’t work (are they ever more than decorations in hotel rooms?!). I suppose if we’d stayed more than one night we’d have mentioned it. But all in all a good place to stay, perfectly priced.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear KRA_rose,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments on your stay.
We are delighted that you have had a good time in our establishment and look forward to seeing you again soon.
We thank you, Dear KRA-rose for expressing our best feelings.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel was exactly what we needed after the 500mile drive from Calais. The Sat Nav found it easily and there is loads of easy parking right outside and a choice of two restaurants nearby which were both open. Staff gave a friendly greeting and one of the guys on reception even played football in the foyer with my son while we checked in!
Rooms are basic as you’d expect but clean and spacious enough for a short stay. Decent shower cubicle and separate toilet.
There is a very nice brasserie next door and we enjoyed a good meal there. It was quite expensive and a bit slow but they were very busy as lots of ski travellers and locals. Excellent service once they got to us and it was worth waiting for.
Breakfast at the Ibis is basic but adequate - bread, croissants and fruit. Don’t expect full English. Plenty of coffee and juice.
It cost us £200 for two rooms (no rooms for 4 available) so it didn’t feel very ‘budget’ but was very convenient and easy. We would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ian T,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments on your stay.
We thank you for expressing our best feelings.
Regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I've just had the most awful experience at this place, even though in the past I had good luck with IBIS Budget (like in Vienna). This time, after as a female solo traveler, having spent the evening with friends and being assured I would have no trouble returning to the hotel at a late hour, I arrived and could not find anyway to contact the night manager. Nothing was lit and in the dark I could find not call button or way in. I went to both parking gates that connect with the hotel parking lot and could find nothing. I tried reaching them by phone per their website numbers, neither of which were working, nor was the listed international toll free number (it was a non-working number). I flashed my headlights, put on my hazard lights, but there was no one at the desk. Finally, after half an hour, I literally climbed the fence, walked up to front door (locked) and saw "Sofia" the so-called night manager with another girl with their backs to the entrance, completely engrossed in the computer, completely disengaged with her work. When she opened the door, I asked why there wasn't a working, lighted way to connect, and she told me I was at the wrong gate (for their "restaurant", and said her cameras showed I was never at the correct gate or she would have seen me, which is garbage. On top of that when I was irate about the fact that I was there, but she was too busy with other things than to pay attention to the clients, she started yelling that it wasn't her fault that I was standing there in the dark and rain for half an hour. Furthermore, she said she was calling the police because I was treating her with disrespect. I said I was talking to her as the night manager whose job it was to help the clients, and it was her job to help me. She said she didn't work for me and had no obligation. I said that as I had paid for my room and parking, her job was to work to make sure customers could access the services and have a satisfactory stay. The surveillance cameras will definitely show that I was outside the gate and there is no marking indicating one gate is the correct gate nor lights to show where the call box is (it is unmarked in any way). Needless to say, I urge people to stay anywhere but here given the miserable service. Had I not physically climbed the fence, I would still be standing out there in the rain in the middle of the night, while she and her best girlfriend stared at videos or whatever they were watching. It certainly wasn't the gate!

Room Tip: The rooms are OK, if you can get into them in spite of bad night managers.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Rebekah J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation. I immediately and personally made the reception staff aware of their attitude towards you. I thank you for your constructive remarks, they will be taken into account and be assured that the necessary measures will be implemented to improve the quality of our service.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon, we beg you to believe, dear customer, in the expression of our best feelings.
Best regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Very clean; staff very pleasant and helpful. I needed a hairdryer so just a 20euro refundable deposit and one was made available. Did not eat there so cannot rate dining. Rooms are adequate - no frills but comfortable and bed was too. No noise from traffic outside.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear S W, It is with great pleasure that we take note of your comment.
We thank you very much, Looking forward to welcoming you soon to Ibis Budget Archamps,