“Easily the best curry in Kent”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Southborough
Price range: USD 8 - USD 16
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We eat at this restaurant at least twice a month, either in the restaurant or takeaway and we've been eating here for the past 5 years. The food is amazing and is easily the best curry in the area. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the prices are very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I ordered food from this restaurant was told 15/20 mins was fine. It arrived 35 mins later and was cold the lamb was tough. did not attempt the main course as did not want cold food and a dodgy tummy. Called the restaurant and his explanation was the weather is cold as i booked via Hungry horse would take a few minutes to refund now 30 mins later no refund and no call back as promised. Well guess what they have shut and no call back.AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

3  Thank Philip3737
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Dined here several evenings during a business trip to Tunbridge Wells. The restaurant is somewhat dated and the toilets are in need of refurbishment. The staff are however very welcoming and accommodating and the quality of the food is commensurate with the price. I intend to visit again.

1  Thank David F
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Four of us went for a family meal in the evening. Couldn't fault the food or service and also great value for money! Attentive service yet unobtrusive and very tasty dishes for us all to try. First time here - will be back! Heartily recommend the motor poneer side dish along with your normal main dishes. Lush!

1  Thank Twellsjohno
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Avoid. Totally avoid. Had a takeaway delivered , took an hour and a half to arrive and when it did it was all stone cold. The main dish and the rice were JUST about passable, but the two veg dishes I had to throw out they were so bad., tasteless and sloppy. When I say they had no flavour at all, I mean it, I kid you not. The naan was not soft and warm as it should be fresh but cold and hard.

I tried this place for a change but with so many quality Indian takeaways in the Tunbridge Wells area, there is absolutely no need to visit this one, waste of time and money. Not sure how it's survived, I see many others have had simularly bad experiences to me (via Just Eat website) , they must be losing custom!

2  Thank Rob M