“Lovely food and good service ”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Southborough
Price range: USD 8 - USD 16
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Four of us went for a family meal in the evening. Couldn't fault the food or service and also great value for money! Attentive service yet unobtrusive and very tasty dishes for us all to try. First time here - will be back! Heartily recommend the motor poneer side dish along with your normal main dishes. Lush!

1  Thank Twellsjohno

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Avoid. Totally avoid. Had a takeaway delivered , took an hour and a half to arrive and when it did it was all stone cold. The main dish and the rice were JUST about passable, but the two veg dishes I had to throw out they were so bad., tasteless and sloppy. When I say they had no flavour at all, I mean it, I kid you not. The naan was not soft and warm as it should be fresh but cold and hard.

I tried this place for a change but with so many quality Indian takeaways in the Tunbridge Wells area, there is absolutely no need to visit this one, waste of time and money. Not sure how it's survived, I see many others have had simularly bad experiences to me (via Just Eat website) , they must be losing custom!

2  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 13 July 2016

As a regular visitor to Oz and the team at Saffron I can confirm that the wide variety of curries on offer are fantastic. There is a variety of traditional curries from India and Bangladesh and these are all well cooked. The restaurant is not the largest, however having undergone a recent refurbishment it has a modern and lively feel. Takeaways are also available and in my experience these are just as good as the meals served in house. Would strongly recommend.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

We had a very pleasant evening at The Saffron. Very welcoming staff and really good food. A nice curry :-)

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Amazing!! We love this fantastic curry house!! Very friendly and prompt service and delivery. The food is always custom to our tastes and heat tolerance and cooked to perfection. Actually ordering again as I write this.... Chicken tikka masala phal hot please lads!!!

1  Thank John P Z