“Big portions! ”

Ranked #12 of 15 Restaurants in Beer
Price range: USD 3 - USD 11
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Under new management. Formerly known as Barrel O Beer & The Seafood Platter. Now its reverted back to a pleasant traditional village pub with excellent ale and lager, darts board and 3 televisions that you can sit and watch a good footy match. Also good food available from 12:00pm till 14:30pm and then again 18:00pm till 20:30pm. Dogs are welcome in the pub at any time. Change in license will be happening soon, so the pub will be staying open for longer. BARREL OF BEER IS NOW OPEN 11AM TILL MIDNIGHT sun-thurs & 11am till 1am fri-sat.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have to say, this time I did not look at the reviews before we walked in here and made our decision if we want to eat here or not.

And possibly I that was good call. Because if I would I possibly would not stop to eat here.

We ordered southern fried chicken burger and hot spicy beef burger both were tasty, although I think beef burger was slightly better.
Friend liked it a lot. Mine was good too. Chicken was on slightly dry side but OK.
Chips were good too.

My only criticism would be coleslaw! It was very very creamy with and it feels like there is more mayo than cabbage!

1  Thank Eve K

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere in this bar is lovely. It seems to be popular with both locals (always a good sign!) and visitors. They had an IPA on tap which we had found hard to find in the other pubs/bars we had visited. Hopefully they can extend their range of ales on tap. A real fire was kept burning whilst we were there which was lovely after a cold/wet day walking. The bar is also dog friendly. Food is available to order.

1  Thank JTtraveladdict
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After some deliberation over venue for lunch, family decided on Barrel O’ Beer. First impression on entering was that we had entered a typical “old school” pub and wondered what the kitchen would actually deliver. Absolutely delighted when food was delivered, pulled pork burger was excellent, children’s food was also excellent and my wife and eldest son were both very happy with their choices.

1  Thank Bano73
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for a quick drink, ended up staying all afternoon
Very friendly helpful staff
Ordered burgers, expecting standard frozen burgers, chips and shop bought buns , how wrong could I be , amazing home made chicken burger , chips and amazing roll
Very generous portions, highly recommend
Sky and BT sport on 3 screens
Head to Barrel every time now

1  Thank julian b
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Lovely traditional friendly pub, good service , good selection of drinks on offer, log fire much needed after all the snow!

1  Thank angela88wheatley