2,504 results
All reviews golf course los suenos swim up bar costa rica breakfast buffet kids club piko travel san jose zip lining amazing pool beautiful property herradura beach rented a car la vista rainy season pool area is ceviche
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Felt right at home at this resort. Marlon the front office manager advised me to stay longer based on our needs and I’m so glad I took that up. We were originally going to stay for 2 nights and we extended to 4 because our 2.5 year old was having an absolute blast.
Rooms: they need an upgrade for sure but they were clean, spacious and comfortable - we were in only for naps and bedtime :) loved the king suite

Pool: very big but divided into smaller pools all connected - we could find a nook and just hang out as a family or be closer to the main action.
Activities: lots of fun things throughout the day from water aerobics, dance lessons, water polo and more

The kids club was the highlight for us- it is right next to the pool so our son could hang out with the super sweet staff Evelyn, Ignacio, Karen & Keisy who read to him, drew, painted, built lego homes and so much more. He usually picked the club over pool/beach.

Photographer onsite- Luisa was so patient and flexible she really helped create memories for our family. Such a good onsite perk

Food: the breakfast was really really good- great options for vegetarians, kids, lacto-ovo intolerances (like myself) they had a pancake and cookie station with lots of sugary colorful toppings for kids (my son was not interested but it was super cute)
Our fav was hacienda kitchen we didn’t care for the steak house or Zoë Mediterranean as much.

Spa: Very relaxing!! Really good massage and all the facilities were great. Paid $150 for 60 mins slightly overpriced for CR standards

My feedback -
better menu options at the bars and lunch menus;
huge portions for kids and very limited options;
Room refresh/upgrade
No sunblock/ bug spray stations
Expensive food & drink prices
Promote the photographer option online so we can plan better

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TeamCR, General Manager at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hello dear Lajja A,
Hope you are good.

Thank you very much for letting us know your comments, for us it are very important.

We are glad to know that you had an excellent stay at our hotel, for us it was a pleasure to serve you and your family.

We also want to thank you for your feedback, we will take it in count in order to improve, we want to comment that soon we will have remodeling of rooms, therefore we wait for you to know them.

Hope see you soon here!

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Los Suenos Marriot has been one of my top five favorite hotels since a wonderful visit 15 years ago. Well, the pool is still fantastic with its swim-up bar and plenty of lounge chairs in and out of the shade, the beach has improved although still rocky, and the nearby marina has expanded to the point it is an interesting place within walking distance to visit and/or have dinner. The hotel itself is slightly tired and in need of updating/repair here and there (for example, one of the 4 elevators close to our room was inoperative during our stay and a second worked half the time) but not to any alarming degree. My only significant disappointment, and for me it was a deal breaker, was our room (330). I rarely if ever spend as much as $450 per night for a hotel room but really wanted to revisit Los Suenos so I bit the bullet and booked a room with a garden view. However, as you can see below, my little French balcony looked out over the back of a cement arch with the front driveway barely visible beyond. Now I’ve booked rooms with bad views before but not at $450 per night so I spoke with front desk supervisor and she offered to exchange our room for either a ground floor room with a view of a brown, open field running up to the back fence of the tennis court or whatever was available the following day. Since it was after 6:00 pm, we were fully unpacked, and the second option was no improvement (no garden in sight) we chose the latter option. Despite asking again the following day, during our 6 day stay I never heard from her or anyone else again. I understand a few rooms in any hotel will have an obstructed view, but those rooms should not be falsely advertised as “garden view” and should be discounted in some way. It is important to note since I booked months in advance the reservation department was not “squeezing” us into one of the last few rooms available. I rarely post a negative review and never if I have not given the establishment the opportunity to resolve the problem in real time, but this has been, by far, our most disappointing experience in seven or eight visits to the beautiful country of Costa Rica. Our next trip to the Los Suenos/Jaco area will most definitely not include the Marriott. If you are looking for a truly memorable Costa Rican resort hotel at a better price check out Nayara instead.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 330 if you enjoy a view.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joannecam

Hello dear Joannecam,
Hope you are good.

Thank you very much for letting us know your comments, for us it are very important in order to improve.

First we want to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay, definitely it is not part of our experience the problems you could face.

We want to comment you that the architecture of our hotel is inspired in a colonial hacienda style, therefore several of its finishes and corners reflect the concept of the hotel.

We work to create unforgettable experiences for our guests both in service and stay, these characteristics differentiate us and make our visitors have a unique vacation.

Soon we will have room remodeling in order to continue offering an excellent service with high quality.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and let us know if we can do something else for you.

We hope your next stays are better.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I traveled to this beautiful resort with my special needs daughter and my son. We only stayed one night but spent two whole days there as they let us check in early. The staff is wonderful, the rooms incredible comfortable and spacious and the beach and pools are amazing. This hotel is a bit expensive but we were able to get a special package for Ticos. The breakfast was so delicious and included. I do have a couple suggestions not as a complaint but a way to improve the hotel. The iguanas are huge and a big attractions to tourists but by all means not cute when they land on your child’s lunch! Maybe have signs all over asking tourist to not feed them! They are very aggressive! My daughter was terrified! Also, I have a concern about the showers by the pool. My daughter was taking a shower and the door opens inside instead of outside. The water was scalding hot and my daughter could not get out and I could not open it. It was a scary moment but luckily she was not hurt. Change the shower doors so they open from the outside! Avoid someone getting hurt. Last suggestion is to add some vegetarian items in your menu by the pool. I am vegetarian and there was literally nothing but a cheese quesadilla to choose from. Overall, we loved our stay and had a wonderful time! Thanks to all the wonderful staff!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TeamCR, General Manager at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hello dear tiaceci,
Hope you are good.

Thank you very much for take the time to let us know your feedback we will take in count in order to improve, for us was a pleasure serving your during your stay.

Hope see you soon again!

Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Just got back from vacationing at Los Suenos and had a wonderful time. The pool is definitely a highlight of the resort. We were there during our school vacation week and found the resort & pool to be bustling but never crowded even though we were told it was at capacity. The staff was incredibly friendly and eager to make the stay easy and upbeat. The staff at breakfast was especially warm and welcoming. Look for Indalecio Rocha Ibarra when you're seated. Super friendly! Having the marina within walking distance was a plus as there are a number of excellent restaurants there plus it's amazing to see all of the sport fishing boats docked at the marina. The resort is located within a short distance to many activities and the rooms were spacious and clean. A little tricky to get an uber from there but the taxis are readily available through the hotel as are tours and shuttles. Fantastic golf course too. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We had a pool/first floor room which we liked because it was close to the pool
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hello dear khabby,
Hope you are good.

We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time with us, thank you very much for let us know your comments. For us was a pleasure serving you during your stay.

Hope to receive your good comments in our Guest Survey as well!

Regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2018

we stayed 5 nights in a wonderful condominium in this wonderful resort! There was a whole group of familymembers ( because of a wedding) and we saw several nice houses inside; all wonderful and tip top organised! A nice pool in front of every little group of condominiums , with outside barbecue and jacuzzi!
the Office crew was very helpful with everything adn in the resort there is so much to do!
Our condominium was Veranda , to the border of the forest, where we heard monkeys in eraly morning and one day a monkey walking on the golfcourse, seen from our balconny.
Nice plants and flowers everywhere around in the resort , so as well all kind of birds.

Stayed: February 2018