Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
TravelocityUSD 115
Orbitz.comUSD 115
CheapTicketsUSD 115
TripadvisorUSD 115
ZenHotels.com
All reviews recommended tour in town easter island crowing roosters cleaned every other day shared kitchen walking distance late at night barking dogs own meals location was perfect full day tour spent nights wi fi porch cemetery moai
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2019

Beyond grateful that I decided to choose this inn. Not only was it extremely affordable in comparison to all other accommodations that I researched, but it was also the perfect location in my eyes. It was right on the outskirt of the main town. Basically in the "city" without being right IN the "city". Very easy walk to town and literally right around the corner (in the opposite direction) was Ahu Tahai. I was able to spend many sunrises and sunsets at this Ahu due to that. And let's face it, the moai are the main reason we all come here. I was able to spend many moments in complete awe of them; and many times by myself. Vicky was an amazing and gracious host. She picked me up at the airport and dropped me back off at the airport for my departure. She allowed me early check-in at no extra charge. Every time she saw me around the property, she made sure to greet me and make sure everything was ok. She suggested things for me to do and would call around to different places for me when I needed. I would be gone all day and return late at night and she always made sure to turn my porch light on for me. She was one of the highlights of my stay and trip as she made me feel so welcome - like family. The wifi only works near the main office area. I never heard the loud barking dogs and crowing roosters that Ive read about in so many other Easter Island reviews. It was a very quiet environment. I wasn't able to rent a car directly from them as I needed automatic. They only had standard available at the time. Their rental car prices were also much cheaper than the car companies in town. I would easily stay here again in a heartbeat! Mauruuruu Cabanas Mana Nui!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 23 September 2019

We don't often stay in properties on vacation that require we prepare our own meals (a.k.a. Aussie style) but at Mana Nui we really didn't mind becoming part of the landscape. Our hostess Victoria was very helpful in helping us organize ourselves as well as give us ideas on what to do. You can book a rental vehicle (one of theirs) on the property but if you take a full day tour of the island that may not be necessary as they pick you up and drop you off at the airport (will traditional Polynesian greetings/farewells).

The property is very close to the Tahai moai as well as the museum and within short walking distance of several good restaurants and the town center (and just across the street from the best-located cemetery in the world). Don't be surprised if you make the acquaintance of 3 of the friendliest little dogs on the planet who won't mind at all if you want to spend some time with them in front of the cabana scratching their bellies.

Room rates are incredibly reasonable given where you're at. A comparable property on Tahiti would be 3-4 times more expensive. Pay with dollars to avoid paying the hotel tax. And remember, don't flush the toilet paper down the toilet!

And those home-cooked meals? They were pretty good!

Room tip: It helps to have a fair understanding of Spanish to best communicate with the staff.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 30 June 2019

We spent 5 nights at Mana Nui Cabana and truly enjoyed our stay.
Great welcome by our host with a very easy (early) check-in and also easy check-out as she drove us back to the airport on our departure day. Good communication throughout and wonderful smiles,
The location is perfect, just a few hundred meters away from the coast and the Moais... less than a 5-10 mn walk to enjoy wonderful and unique sunsets!
The room is spacious and comfortable and cleaned every other day. The shared kitchen is a few meters away and well equipped.
Private and safe parking is available on site.
In short, a GREAT stay! Highly recommended...

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed here during our Christmas visit to Easter Island. We had a bungalow with an ocean view. The kitchen area is separate but adjacent to the bedroom. It was stocked with basic equipment to prepare your own meals which is nice as good here is expensive. Staff was very friendly. There is a fan in the room but no air conditioning. WiFi is available if you go near the reception area but did not work in our bungalow. There were lots of barking dogs late at night in our area and also crowing roosters early in the morning. Rooms are serviced every other day. It is a 5 minute walk to a great spot to watch sunset.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 5 January 2019

We spent 5 days in December 2018 in Mana Nui Inn. Vicky is an amazing host always willing to help and helping us plan the trip around the island. Nice, clean, quiet inn walking distance to the Main Street in Hanga Roa. We had the kitchen and we could buy foods from the grocery store and cook our own food, being vegetarians the kitchen was an added bonus for us. Vicky was able to arrange an Automatic car rental for us, they usually have stick shift (manual drives) in Hanga Roa. Its very close to Tahai so an early morning walk to the Tahai monument site is very calming.

Room tip: Nice location, walk to the beach and Tahai
Date of stay: December 2018