All reviews main building easter island excellent air conditioning buffet breakfast is minute walk room safe hotel lobby ocean view comfortable stay standard room in easy walking distance comfortable hotel hot water lounge chairs nice swimming pool entire stay restaurants and shops
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed at Taha Tai in February 2011. As I was settling my bill, they attempted to include a charge for wine and food which I did not order (indeed, I do not drink). I pointed out that the signature on the bill did not match my signature on any of the other bills I acknowledged. After some discussion, they properly agreed not to charge this to my account. Imagine my surprise when I received my credit card bill at home -- there were two charges from Taha Tai - one in the amount of the bill I settled when I left and a second charge for the wine and food they originally attempted to charge me for. When booking my hotel, I saw a number of comments on Trip Advisor about other hotels alleging thefts or over charges. Sadly, Taha Tai is one of those hotels and visitors should be very careful if they choose to stay here

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank NyVillaFan
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Good position, not a hotel to relax in. The swimming pool was dirty as was the surrounds to the pool. The beds comfortable but room not clean and wires hanging out of the wall in the hotel. Terrible smells in corridors from chemicals. Breakfast very average. Not great value for money but everything expensive on island

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BarryK58
Reviewed 29 December 2010

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff. Our spacious room was next to the Reception area but was still very quiet. We spent 4 nights here which was probably long enough to see the sights. You can hire bicycles, scooters, cars easily although we chose to do a lot of walking inc. up the Orongo Volcano. The hotel does have a swimming pool but it looked as if it was in the process of being repaired or refilled - however, we did not have much time to make use of it anyway. We really enjoyed our stay on Easter Island and would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Holly2854
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I stayed at the Taha Tai Hotel for four nights during Oct, 2010 and I was very happy with my stay there. The owner of the hotel (I think his name was Marcelo) made us feel very welcome, and tried his best to accommodate any requests we had. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the location was excellent - right by the ocean, within a ten minute walk into town. There is WiFi access from the lobby, which worked fine most of the time (only US $5 for the entire stay to connect to their WiFi). I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

One word of advice - try to ask for room ten, or any of the rooms located outside of the main hotel building. When we first checked in, we were assigned rooms 34 and 32, which were on the small side, and one of them had a damp smell in it. We requested room change mainly because we wanted rooms with two beds, not one king sized bed. We ended up in rooms 10 and 8, which were great. They are located in little buildings, immediately outside of the main hotel building, but they seem to be roomier and some of them have a nice ocean view. I was in room 10, which I highly recommend. There is a nice hotel view from the patio of the room.

Keep in mind that food is not cheap on Easter Island. Most restaurants charge US $20 to 30 per dish. The price difference between ordinary looking restaurants and nicer looking restaurants seemed minimum. We ate at the Te Moana restaurant as well as La Taverne du pecheur. Both were decent. I especially recommend sitting on the second floor of La Taverne du pecheur - there is a great sunset view from up there, and the fish dish I had was yummy!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank sdgt625
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We didn't see other hotels, and were on a pkg, so hard to compare. We were in the main part of the hotel where rooms open onto a hallway. There are cabanas that open to the outside. They look newer and more modern.

Slow internet connection, and only available in the lobby.

Bar was dead and seldom staffed

Breakfast was fine - no variety.

plenty of hot water, staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple