All reviews the main street easter island fresh fruit her husband ceiling fan in town post office creature comforts breakfast was delicious family atmosphere anakena beach mini fridge restaurants and shops day tour airport pickup few minutes walk island history
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Very much enjoyed our 6 night stay here. Edith and Bill were welcoming and provided us with lots of info. The gardens are just lovely and the breakfasts very enjoyable. Bill organsied Terry to take us on a couple of tours and we very much enjoyed his wealth of local experience and his humour.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great location - you are a few blocks from the town's center and few blocks from the harbor/beach. The grounds are beautiful and my room was very clean. My room had been recently upgraded with an AC unit and TV. The AC worked great and I never used the TV... The WiFi was spotty at times, but I was always able to connect with the rest of the world.
The service was fantastic! I was picked up at the airport and was able to coordinate a full day tour of the island with little notice.
I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to reception have better WiFi coverage
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Great Stay! Bill, Edith and Ruby took excellent care of us!! Rooms (1-2) were spacious with AC and comfortable beds! Fun location! Tasty breakfast! Rental cars and eating places near by. WiFi is difficult on the whole island we were told. No big deal. Just enjoy the beauty!!

Room Tip: Rooms by Reception
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 21julie
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Great location in town and close to the beach/harbor.
I would recommend this place as long as you get one of the rooms by the reception room and dining room where you overlook a nice courtyard of tropical plants and trees.
Very clean and good homemade breakfast.
They offer a 2 day tour of which the full 1 day is enough since it is very expensive and you can do the 2 nd day on your own. On the 2 nd day, we rented a car (small Isuzu suv) close to the hotel and drove to the crater and then on to Anakena beach which is beautiful and spent half a day there. You can hike and swim and have lunch at one of the 3 beach bar/restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzanne F
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I wouldn't classify any of the accommodation on the island as 5-star, or 4-star (and I don't mean Tripadvisor pips) come to that.This is good, standard comfortable motel-style accommodation in US, UK, and Australian terms, BUT, you're not going to spend a lot of time in your room, you're going to be out and about all day. The gardens are well kept, I didn't have a problem with breakfast in the same way I don't have a problem with getting a limited choice at a B&B in England - some variation of a full English, usually.

Bill is an Australian who very knowledgeable about the island, is willing to share that knowledge, and is a very practical and down to earth source of help and information if you need it and I found him and his wife nothing but pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. His advice is worth any of the minor issues others have brought up, but of course, we all see the world slightly differently. If you're a traveler, rather than a tourist, I'd recommend the Taura'a.

Room Tip: For wifi, the closer to reception the better.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo