Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreamsUSD 139
TravelocityUSD 139
Orbitz.comUSD 139
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

Do not stay here! We had a terrible experience. The day before arrival I emailed Hotel Victoria to set up free airport shuttle. All I received was an autoreply. When we arrived at the airport, ours was the ONLY hotel not there to pick us up. We and one other fellow traveler. A concerned tour guide tried to call Hotel Victoria five times and got no answer. Finally, she offered to let us ride in the back of her pickup with all our luggage and took us to the hotel. When we got to the hotel it was shut down. There were no guests. The property manager Hugo, led us and the one other guest to our rooms. It was very uncomfortable. It felt like we were unwanted intruders. Once inside our room, we saw a door connecting to a neighboring room. The door did not lock. We expressed our concern and were told that they would not rent the room. Since the place was empty, we figured it was not a big deal. The room was minimal and not very clean. The bedding had not been washed thoroughly. After a long day of travel, we were exhausted. We tried to take a shower, only to find there was no hot water. The water heater was shut off. After about an hour we had hot water. The Wifi was nonfunctional. The breakfast during our stay was bread, a broken toaster, cheese slices and processed meat slices, all served up on tablecloths covered with dust and stains.

We tried to tough it out, as we had already paid $137/night and it was not refundable. We had a great day exploring the island and came back to find no hot water again! We went to bed dirty that night after caving. YUCK! We tried to get a refund Hugo was rude and indifferent. The next night, late in the evening, he put two guests in the connecting room! So now, here we were with our two kids with complete strangers having access to our room. Hugo would do nothing.
I hope that anyone visiting Easter Island will read this and spare themselves this horrible situation. The island and its sights were amazing, but this "hotel" needs to be shut down or get new management.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2019

We were told that if not the oldest, this is one of the oldest hotels in Hanga Roa. It's close to the airport, you can sit in the garden and watch the daily plane arrive, and it's a gentle 10 minute walk down the hill to the centre of town. So far so good, but ... The Victoria Hotel is like an elderly aunt whose past is well behind her. Behind the cracked facade and the crumbling foundation lies what possibly used to be a good hotel - now water stained, the whitewash falling off, the shower held in place by random bits of wire, the WiFi slow and erratic, the breakfast basic and banal. A coat of paint, a trim with the lawnmower, the room being cleaned every day including weekends, breakfast earlier that 0830, some decent connectivity - small changes which would upgrade this hotel to average. We found the staff friendly enough, but limited in what they could provide in terms of ... - well, anything, really.

Room tip: Pick a different hotel
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2019

I really wanted to be able to say I enjoyed our stay, but I did not. That said, to be fair, there were 3 things that were nice: the view; the shuttle driver; and the rooster, who would bring a smile to us every morning.
Unfortunately however I cannot recommend this place.
Our room (room 4) in the main house was more like a hostel/lodge.
I acknowledge that this is a tourist town where prices are typically inflated, however the price we paid for what I would describe as sub standard accommodation is concerning. This place is run down and needs a serious makeover. I also do not understand how this place can be called a "hotel" when at the time we stayed there was nobody physically present to manage guest concerns. It seems to me that this may be a "backyard" accommodation operation. Yes the WiFi was not good, but I did not come to the Island to trawl the internet. Yes there was no fan in our room, but that was the least of our concerns.
The bathroom was the main concern. It was not clean. The toilet seemed to not be fixed to the floor. On the second night, an unhygienic smell started to seep in. Of significant concern is apart from the person who sets up breakfast every morning from 8.30am - there was NOONE present at this place - providing no opportunity for this matter to be raised let alone addressed. Indeed this was troubling. We did however notice a strong odour of bleach in the bathroom on the third day. We were also left without towels and had to source some from the amenities room. Again there was noone to ask for assistance.
There were rooms outside of the main house that seemed to be nicer and it would have been nice to have had the opportunity to at least move rooms. That said, there are so many other places on the island to stay and I recommend staying elsewhere.
I will also be notifying the travel agent of our experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2019 via mobile

This is not an hotel. It's an old big house that in the 70/80 was divided in different room with the idea of being an hotel.
Everything stayed in the 1970. breakfast was a very very frugal. It was supposed to have breakfast until 10, we arrived at 9.30 and there was nothing left (not even hot water for coffee). WiFi didn't work. The room are large but not very clean. They come with an empty mini fridge that over heats the room. No AC in the room, we had to ask for a ventilator because it felt like a hoven. There was a tv but with only two blurred channel. The bathroom wasn't very clean. We found a cockroach the first night and when we report it they said "they are from here".
Meh

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

I wanted to love this place, I really did. But I did not. It is clean, in a decent location, and as advertised—WiFi (try it at midnight when everyone else is asleep), shuttle, breakfast. It is a modest, bare bones sort of place, perfectly adequate. I’m cool with that. The unhappy part is that the owners/staff seem to hate their customers, or maybe just the non-Spanish fluent guests. Asked about tours—the woman tapped her watch and said she had to get back to work. It was like a blind date where you just don’t connect. I was tired of internally cringing and relieved when it was over. There were many other places that cost just a little more and looked inviting. Try one of them instead of this one.