Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.com
PricelineUSD 139
eDreamsUSD 139
TravelocityUSD 120
CheapTicketsUSD 120
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2019

I really wanted to be able to say I enjoyed our stay, but I did not. That said, to be fair, there were 3 things that were nice: the view; the shuttle driver; and the rooster, who would bring a smile to us every morning.
Unfortunately however I cannot recommend this place.
Our room (room 4) in the main house was more like a hostel/lodge.
I acknowledge that this is a tourist town where prices are typically inflated, however the price we paid for what I would describe as sub standard accommodation is concerning. This place is run down and needs a serious makeover. I also do not understand how this place can be called a "hotel" when at the time we stayed there was nobody physically present to manage guest concerns. It seems to me that this may be a "backyard" accommodation operation. Yes the WiFi was not good, but I did not come to the Island to trawl the internet. Yes there was no fan in our room, but that was the least of our concerns.
The bathroom was the main concern. It was not clean. The toilet seemed to not be fixed to the floor. On the second night, an unhygienic smell started to seep in. Of significant concern is apart from the person who sets up breakfast every morning from 8.30am - there was NOONE present at this place - providing no opportunity for this matter to be raised let alone addressed. Indeed this was troubling. We did however notice a strong odour of bleach in the bathroom on the third day. We were also left without towels and had to source some from the amenities room. Again there was noone to ask for assistance.
There were rooms outside of the main house that seemed to be nicer and it would have been nice to have had the opportunity to at least move rooms. That said, there are so many other places on the island to stay and I recommend staying elsewhere.
I will also be notifying the travel agent of our experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2019 via mobile

This is not an hotel. It's an old big house that in the 70/80 was divided in different room with the idea of being an hotel.
Everything stayed in the 1970. breakfast was a very very frugal. It was supposed to have breakfast until 10, we arrived at 9.30 and there was nothing left (not even hot water for coffee). WiFi didn't work. The room are large but not very clean. They come with an empty mini fridge that over heats the room. No AC in the room, we had to ask for a ventilator because it felt like a hoven. There was a tv but with only two blurred channel. The bathroom wasn't very clean. We found a cockroach the first night and when we report it they said "they are from here".
Meh

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

I wanted to love this place, I really did. But I did not. It is clean, in a decent location, and as advertised—WiFi (try it at midnight when everyone else is asleep), shuttle, breakfast. It is a modest, bare bones sort of place, perfectly adequate. I’m cool with that. The unhappy part is that the owners/staff seem to hate their customers, or maybe just the non-Spanish fluent guests. Asked about tours—the woman tapped her watch and said she had to get back to work. It was like a blind date where you just don’t connect. I was tired of internally cringing and relieved when it was over. There were many other places that cost just a little more and looked inviting. Try one of them instead of this one.

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Considering that you are 2000 miles on a small island off the coast of Chile, Hotel Victoria met our requirements. Our room was basic and a little outdated, but clean and comfortable. We did not choose the superior room, but we did have a small fridge in our room and a safe. Hugo met us at the airport with a welcoming flower lei and gave us a parting gift of a necklace when he delivered us back to the airport. Even though at the Victoria, you must be a little more independent, that’s not such a hard task.For example, you can walk to the main street in a few minutes, and walk the full street in about ten minutes. Most of the restaurants had menus in English, and accept credit cards. There are also tour agencies, mini markets, and souvenir shops on this street. We took two full day tours of the island, which picked us up at the hotel, so we really didn’t need much information from the hotel.The only other comment would be that the walk up the driveway to the hotel is a little rough and uphill, so those with difficulty walking might have a little trouble.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nhlupine
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Located on a small hill, with a resort style appearance - 4 beach reclining chairs outside the rooms, great for star gazing. Grateful for the clear skies and the not so light polluted area, I managed to take a picture of the Milky Way!!

Also about 3 minutes walk from a tour agency, which was super helpful for us when we were able to make last minute, same day reservations for the tour. (We went during May - off peak season! Would not recommend last minute reservations during peak periods)

More like a hostel where breakfast is served on a long table shared with other guests. Allowed us to know other people, who were very friendly and warm!

Language barrier with the staffs could happen, but we managed to convey the idea to them, sometimes with a little help from the other guests we met during breakfast.

Cleanliness of the rooms can be improved - occasional small bugs found in the toilet but its all part of awesome nature! so no worries about that. Cleaning lady helped to organize sheets every single day and change towels as long as we place the towels on the chair.

There were hot water everyday, just had to wait awhile for it. Wi-Fi may not be the best, slow most of the time.

Hugo granted us late check out without extra charges since they were not expecting any more guests in our room that same day. Again, fortunate for us since we went during the off peak season. Might not be able to have late check out during peak period - which is understandable.

Date of stay: May 2018