Lowest prices for your stay
USD 120
View deal
eDreams
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUSD 120
Expedia.comUSD 120
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

I wanted to love this place, I really did. But I did not. It is clean, in a decent location, and as advertised—WiFi (try it at midnight when everyone else is asleep), shuttle, breakfast. It is a modest, bare bones sort of place, perfectly adequate. I’m cool with that. The unhappy part is that the owners/staff seem to hate their customers, or maybe just the non-Spanish fluent guests. Asked about tours—the woman tapped her watch and said she had to get back to work. It was like a blind date where you just don’t connect. I was tired of internally cringing and relieved when it was over. There were many other places that cost just a little more and looked inviting. Try one of them instead of this one.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Considering that you are 2000 miles on a small island off the coast of Chile, Hotel Victoria met our requirements. Our room was basic and a little outdated, but clean and comfortable. We did not choose the superior room, but we did have a small fridge in our room and a safe. Hugo met us at the airport with a welcoming flower lei and gave us a parting gift of a necklace when he delivered us back to the airport. Even though at the Victoria, you must be a little more independent, that’s not such a hard task.For example, you can walk to the main street in a few minutes, and walk the full street in about ten minutes. Most of the restaurants had menus in English, and accept credit cards. There are also tour agencies, mini markets, and souvenir shops on this street. We took two full day tours of the island, which picked us up at the hotel, so we really didn’t need much information from the hotel.The only other comment would be that the walk up the driveway to the hotel is a little rough and uphill, so those with difficulty walking might have a little trouble.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nhlupine
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Located on a small hill, with a resort style appearance - 4 beach reclining chairs outside the rooms, great for star gazing. Grateful for the clear skies and the not so light polluted area, I managed to take a picture of the Milky Way!!

Also about 3 minutes walk from a tour agency, which was super helpful for us when we were able to make last minute, same day reservations for the tour. (We went during May - off peak season! Would not recommend last minute reservations during peak periods)

More like a hostel where breakfast is served on a long table shared with other guests. Allowed us to know other people, who were very friendly and warm!

Language barrier with the staffs could happen, but we managed to convey the idea to them, sometimes with a little help from the other guests we met during breakfast.

Cleanliness of the rooms can be improved - occasional small bugs found in the toilet but its all part of awesome nature! so no worries about that. Cleaning lady helped to organize sheets every single day and change towels as long as we place the towels on the chair.

There were hot water everyday, just had to wait awhile for it. Wi-Fi may not be the best, slow most of the time.

Hugo granted us late check out without extra charges since they were not expecting any more guests in our room that same day. Again, fortunate for us since we went during the off peak season. Might not be able to have late check out during peak period - which is understandable.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NatalieK2517
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Be careful! The owner of the hotel is a crook! The hotel withdrew money from the card twice! The staff did not allow us to do check out until the hotel charge $ 820 from credit card second time. We almost be late for the flight. This hotel almost broke our travel plan and practically exposed us to the risk of being late for an international flight from Santiago to Rome. The next day I wrote in support of the booking.com portal and attached an extract from my bank with transactions. The booking.com began to deal with this illegal action of the hotel. The next day the owner of the hotel wrote me a letter with apologies and acknowledgment of the fact that he mistakenly withdrew the payment twice. And that the operation was canceled. But the money was blocked, then withdrawn from my balance. And nothing has been returned yet. The owner of the hotel is Hugo Edmunds Paoah. He organizes such illegal ways of taking money and cheating clients. And it happened a second time with this hotel. There were two of us in the beginning. We booked one room back in 2017. The hotel withdrew the money twice then I managed to get the owner to return the erroneously withdrawn money. Then my companion decided to take his friend, and I decided to take my wife. And we booked another room in this hotel. And again the hotel withdraws money twice. To date, money has not been returned. Be careful! Do not deal with scammers! I also ask the booking.com to pay attention to this hotel and exclude it from its booking system, so as not to expose guests to the risk of being deceived, robbed and late for the plane.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ultexplorer
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I had booked a room in your hotel for ..... days . It was good and bitter experience I had while I had lodged in your hotel. When the moment arrived for me to check out , I had bitter experience not from your hotel staff rather from the bus driver whose duty was to take the customer till the airport. Avtullay 12 noon was supposed to be the right check out time but that driver was insisting me to check out by 11 am. I was shock but even then I check out as he had asked me to do so. But unfortunately he was again bullying me for not reaching in time though I had reached at the right time . As i was in hurry to check out , I had left some of my personal belonging in your hotel . All due to that driver who seems to be in hurry to leave the customer early and finish off his duty . It would definitely leave a bad impression for your hotel in the long term . So I personally requesting you to find out that driver and take the needful action . I hope you have understood my situation and take the action .

Reza Askari