Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 88
Orbitz.comUSD 88
CheapTicketsUSD 88
TravelocityUSD 88
TripadvisorUSD 88
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

This is a hostal with beautiful garden, very friendly staff (one is englishspeaking) with seaview and 5 minutes walk to city center and 10 minutes to Ahu Tahai where we had sunset picnic admiring the Moais. There is a continental-like breakfast in the nice, light breakfast/kitchen room (can also be used for own cooking/eating after 1200). We stayed in a simply furnished room with beds and a shower. We had a balcony with sea view (on distance). No AC, but ok with windows open in the night. Bring ear plugs though, many roosters crowing until sunrise. Wifi works in reception building. Free pick up from and to airport. All hotels are quite expensive in Hanga Roa. Considering that, this is a less pricey, simpler choise for a stay on Easter island.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2019

it is a good value if your room has a view of the ocean. wifi and hot water can be an issue. If the soap or tissue gets done in the bathroom, they do not refill unless you ask for it.Office is not always open and English is not good of the staff so things can get lost in translation. I wasted a whole day because I was not provided proper information.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Easter Island is a magical place: beautiful, tropical, mystical with some amazing sights. We happened to be there during the Annual Birdman Festival, which is a bonus. I think that 3-4 days is plenty to see pretty much everything. Unless you're a total hippie eco-warrior that wants to hike up to the top of the volcanoes. Have fun with that.

PREVISIT PERCEPTION: We were excited about this hotel/hostal, as it had great reviews and the website was lovely. We wanted to be able to see the ocean from our room. Finally, it was touted on Airbnb as being multiroom with a private bathroom.

THE TRUTH: We must have gotten the crappiest room in the entire location. It was right next to the dining hall so that all the traffic went by. Since there was NO AIR CONDITIONER in our room (missed that one in the fine print), we were sweltering hot. February in South America is like August in North America- HOT AS HADES! The room was in the middle of the property, so the airflow was terrible. We had to keep the windows and the curtains open in order to get some relief from the heat. I would get my T-shirt soaked at night before going to be bed, hoping to fall asleep before it dried.

The room was smallish, old thin beds, small fridge, and frumpy linens. We won't even elaborate on the lack of privacy. But they did clean it and turn down the beds daily. The bathroom- don't even get me started. I've never had a more SCHIZOPHRENIC SHOWER that was hot one minute, and cold the next. For no good reason!!! I'd rather have a lukewarm shower than one that alternates back and forth.

The bright star in the whole Easter Island "Ecohostal", which I learned is a Euphemism for POS, was the service. Elvira was a gem. She came to pick us up at the airport late, around 11:00 PM, took us back to the hostal, took care of our needs, arranged for a rental car (a must have on Easter Island), and did her best. The daily breakfast was better than your usual continental breakfast.

In summary, this place got 2 stars for amenities and 5 stars for service. But I couldn't round up to 4. The Wi-Fi was out all week, and the cell phone coverage was spotty at best and expensive.

We were uncomfortable. And when you're on vacation, even if you want to save money, you want to be comfortable. If I had it over, I would have splurged for a nicer place. You're only coming to Easter Island once in your lifetime. You might as well be comfortable.

Room tip: Stay away from the room closest to the dining room.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sapadaddy
Reviewed 11 February 2017

My Wife and I just spent 2 weeks staying here while attending the tapati festival. Great location (about a 5-10 minute walk to the centro). The place was spotless - probably one of the cleanest spots we have stayed in years.

Elvira the owner picks up up at the airport as part of her service.

The breakfast room is a delight. Sunny and lots of room. The kitchen is also available to use for making your own meals (other than the included breakfast)

Showers were great with always hot water. Hot water did run out when the gas tank emptied but once informed about this it was changed out with 15 minutes.

Elvira the owner is a sweet lady always ready to help with suggestions, car rentals, horse back riding etc. Her adult childern speak excellent English and although not living on the premises are close by. Elvira does not speak English but one of the breakfast staff does.

The beds are new and extremely comfortable

We can recommend this spot to stay. The rooms are set back off the street so are quiet. Wifi is available near her house but NOT in the rooms. It was down for part of our stay but available in the town in a couple of hotspots for free.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2016

This place was a miracle for us to find... Most of the cabañas in Isla de Pascua cost the same per person / per night, so if you compare them, you will definitely look for cleansiness and ambience. This place has them both... In my personal case I am very picky when it comes to hotels and this place met my needs... as it was very clean and very well located.

The staff is amazing, the breakfast is great and they offer wi-fi (hard to find in cabañas).

I recommend this place 100%

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel V
Elvira A, Propietario at KeuHenua EcoHostal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Estimated Thanks for your valuable opinion.
happy to meet your expectations, and ours that are providing the best service.

Best regards and Alicia Elvira