Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews rapa nui shower town island remoteness
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2020

Stayed recently with my family, Hotel itself was very nice and the staff were very accommodating. Was given a paper on checkin explaining the remoteness of the island and frequent power shortage and possible insect problems. That being said I would expect that more would be done to prevent these problems. First thing they must do is put air conditioners in all the rooms. It was so hot in the cabins that even opening the windows, at the risk of letting the bugs in, didn't cool the room. Nor did the small extra fans they provided. Now the bugs, walking at night on the property outside I saw so many roaches I was disgusted. The rooms were clean, we did find one dead roach in the bathroom in the morning but I would have hoped to see more efforts at prevention. I saw none. We also lost the water pressure one afternoon during our stay. After speaking with other tourists on the island, they had none of these problems. It's a beautiful property, I just feel that more can be done to make it better

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank 954Jointdoc
Reviewed 4 January 2020

I will start off by saying that the views were amazing and the facility was beautiful but unclean. I have stayed many places but have never written a review about anything before. I had to write one about this place. Now that that has been said, I wish I can give this place negative stars. The food is overpriced and not that good. The first night we started off our trip by going for a hike and thinking, "it would be great to take a nice shower when we get back before going for dinner." Much to our surprise, there was no functioning water in the entire hotel. We went to complain and were told that "the water must have been cut" and would be repaired by the next morning. In a dismissive fashion, we were given a "jug" of water to shower with.

Aside from the water issue and not getting a partial refund for that (we asked and they did not oblige), the room was filled with bugs and lizards. There was some kind of bee that was in the window. The sheets had blood spots indicating the presence of bugs. We asked that the room be re-cleaned. The maid came and cleaned it but we had to wait in the lobby until almost midnight for it to be finished. We went back to our room and still spotted some bugs but it they were less prevalent and the sheets at least looked clean. I woke up with a bright red bite on my stomach (went through a slew of medical testing when I arrived back home) from only God knows what. The room was also hot and stuffy as there was no air conditioning.

Finally, the water was restored and we were able to shower. We were hesitant to eat anything on the resort after that (how would our food be prepared if the people preparing it could not wash their hands and follow proper sanitary practices).

Day 2, we were awakened to the sound of roosters which was kind of cool. Also, after the water came back, we dropped off laundry and asked for it to be done. Not only did we pay about $60USD, but we were promised that it would be done by the next morning. The next morning came and then it was the afternoon. The afternoon came and then it was the evening. The evening came and then it was the following morning. We did not get our laundry back until 20 minutes before we checked out because we had to ask them again and they spent another 20 minutes looking for it. The clothes had not been dry and many items were still soaked.

Back to night 2, on our way back to the room, the sidewalk was crawling with what looked like cockroaches or something similar? The room was once again covered in bugs and the blood spots and burn marks on the sheets resurfaced. We had had enough and asked to change rooms. They obliged. The new room seemed much cleaner but there were still some bugs crawling around. At this point, it was whatever as we just wanted the stay to end. We spent as much time as we could in the lobby (which was also covered in ants) and outside of the room to avoid it.

In summary,between the bugs, being bitten and getting sick from it, the no hot water and refusing a partial refund, the overpriced and subpar food, the dismissive staff (it really was only one or two people at the front desk, most of the other staff seemed to be attentive and care) and charging us for laundry and giving it back to us 2 days later still wet, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and will never ever go back here.

If you are looking for a positive, the food/bar workers were cool to talk with.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank mpet521
Reviewed 29 October 2019

Hotel situated quite a way from the town. Room very clean although we were disturbed by the next door villa's plumbing. Bed is on pretty much on the floor so rather hard to get out of! Villas all a bit tired and could do with a lick of paint. Food very average and restaurant out of use due flooding after a night's rain. Difficult to find anyone to get a cup of coffee/tea during the day. I appreciate that the Island is a bit cut off but surely there must be better hotels?

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank WandererWinchester
Reviewed 13 September 2019 via mobile

We just checked out this morning after three nights. The hotel itself was fine, and the staff is friendly. Great view of the ocean. We had a few minor maintenance issues during our stay. If I were to go to Rapa Nui again, though, I’d look for somewhere closer to town. In addition to being closer to everything, there are restaurants in town that have better and less expensive food. Also, if you’re drawn to the “free WiFi”, don’t be. The WiFi only works in the main building and not in the rooms.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kdonnelly13
Reviewed 8 August 2019

We stayed in this hotel for three nights as part of a package, otherwise we would have moved. We were originally put into cabin 7. We half unpacked and decided to shower then found there was no hot water. A maintenance man came and twiddled with things but we couldn't communicate with him and were eventually moved to room 15 which was a family room and not a great deal better than our double ... and we still had no hot water. It was eventually sorted out on day 2. There was no Wi-fi in the room, hardly any in reception. No tea/ coffee making facilities and no bottled water in the room. The restaurant prices were very expensive and we ate out instead especially as we discovered bugs all over the restaurant floor and I awoke to find ants all over our bed. When I mentioned to reception that we had bugs in our bed - and showed her a picture of them she just smiled. Just as if she knew. The gardens were unkempt. The decor in the rooms in need of serious overhaul. The pool was not swimming pool more a plunge pool. There was also no question of accommodating us for a late checkout. We took taxis into town to eat and they weren't allowed to drive up the drive to Reception which was a walk of about 150 yards - uneven and tricky with luggage. I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2019