Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 141
eDreamsUSD 140
Expedia.comUSD 141
TravelocityUSD 141
CheapTicketsUSD 141
Orbitz.comUSD 141
All reviews the owner easter island amazing sunset departing flight rooms are huge three nights car rental hot water answer questions paul stories culture moai tours accommodation town rapa
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2019

We stayed 6 nights in the Kainga Nui house, and found it perfect for our style of traveling - a home away from home. Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and kitchen... not luxurious, but all very comfortable. Paul or one of his employees provides transfers to/from the airport, making for an easy arrival and departure. The hotel's breakfast buffet (included) was just right to get us going for the day.

Paul is a great person to get to know - highly knowledgeable about Rapa Nui and its people and history. We took two half-day tours with him, and rented one of his cars for three days "out and about" on our own, so we had plenty of opportunities both to learn and to explore.

TeKarera is on the outskirts of town near Ahu Tahai - either a car or a modest walk is required to get to the center of town.

Definitely recommended!

Room tip: Kainga Nui house is at the end of the building - best privacy, and suitable for couples or families.
Reviewed 18 March 2019 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights just last week and were extremely happy with everything. Wifi was pretty good in our room and very good at the breakfast bar. Paul says he’s got one of 8 fibre optic hookups on the island and he’s moving to improved wifi extenders to increase range even more. Breakfast was very good each morning on the porch with ocean view. I’ve heard other people complain about noise from dogs barking and roosters on the island but I can say that I didn’t hear a thing at night while we had the fan on. Slept right through the night! The hotel is about 20min walk to town along the coast. For that reason you may want to rent a car at least for some of the stay. Paul has some available and we used one for a day for reasonable rate compared to town. But if you love walking then you’ll enjoy a nice walk along the coast and pass the Tahai Moai’s every day. It’s magical! You’ll be very close to the museum and Tahai (Sunset Moai) and a really really great restaurant Te Moai Sunset.

The cherry on top for us was the two half day tours with Paul. He has a unique knowledge of the island since he worked on the actual restoration of the Moai. That’s right, he actually worked with Mulloy! You won’t find a better tour guide on the island. If you’re going to Rapa Nui it’s because you know how special it is...TAKE HIS TOURS. Trust me on this. You’ll thank me later.

Pics are from Tahai, your walk into town.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2019

We stayed here for 3 days, and very much enjoyed the hotel and the service. We kicked off with a half-day tour from Paul, who is very knowledgeable on the history of the Island and the Moai. Highly recommended, as this gave us a great foundation for deciding where we would spend the rest of our time.

The hotel isn't luxurious, but is comfortable and nicely situated walking distance from the "sunset" Moais. Breakfast is a simple buffet and is tasty and more than adequate.

Overall this is a good value place to stay in Easter Island, and I would highly recommend it..

Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great, a short walk to the museum, the sunset Moai and a 20 minute walk to the dock area of downtown. There is plenty of parking and a great view from the deck of the ocean.

My room was large and clean with a fridge, powerful fan and TV (never used but it was there) .

The breakfast was nice. There is WiFi which worked better than expected (being on such a remote island you wouldn’t expect it to be so fast).

The owner has a ton of knowledge of the island, the history, and the archeology. Be sure to sit with him.

My only “complaint” would be that I wish the window of my room had a screen so I could open it. There is no AC and the fan alone was fine but I would have liked to have the window open but couldn’t due to the bugs.

I highly recommend this property.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2019

Paul the owner is a very knowledgeable guy who makes you very welcome. Nothing is too much trouble; we felt really at home. The wrap around balcony is great for chilling out and the hotel is only a 5 minute walk to one of the main Moai sites for sunset at Tahai. We hired a car from Paul for 3 days, were collected from the airport and given an orientation tour of Hanga Roa and he supplied our park passes.

Date of stay: November 2018