Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 94
Hotels.comUSD 94
Expedia.comUSD 94
eDreamsUSD 94
Trip.comUSD 94
TravelocityUSD 94
Orbitz.comUSD 94
All reviews the main street cultural show cleaned every day each morning rental car sonia host airport tour island town roosters flight chickens bugs
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

After I arrived on the island I was greeted outside by Riu who was-patiently waiting with a sign with my name even though my flight had been significantly delayed. On the way to the hotel he gave me a tour of the town pointing out Important things. My room at the hotel was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It’s a family friendly location and indeed Riu’s cousin Sonia lives on site with her family. She serves a breakfast with fresh fruits and fresh eggs. She actually owns chickens so you can be sure they are fresh. The natural swim pool in the ocean Is a few minutes walk and , shops, and eateries are just around the corner. You can even find Riu singing at the Kahena restaurant. If you see him around town he is happy to give good advice and listen to stories like mine about sea turtles. I have no problems with this place and would come again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Kaimanarapanui, Propietario at Kaimana Inn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

Hi Tariq,

was very nice to met and serve you, thank you for choice us and for your review, hope you had a good trip back home,

Best regards,

marcelo -owner Kaimana inn

Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

So people either love or hate this place and I guess it's all about expectations. Let me begin by saying I usually stay at Marriott properties in the U.S. but I was up for an adventure. Reminder: you are staying on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It is rustic. I was picked up promptly at the airport. The man gave me a brief tour of the city. He was very helpful arranging a horseback riding trip to Terevaka. He helped me get set up with WiFi. Breakfast was very nice each morning. The property is not air conditioned and the room was very warm in the afternoons. Hot water was in short supply but it is all part of the adventure. My room was cleaned every day. The only problem is this property does not really have a front desk in case you have questions or problems. You have to look around and find someone. I would stay at this property again because it is quaint, centrally located and many places are within walking distance. The transport back to the airport was on time. I like this place!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SeriousBiz
Reviewed 7 December 2019

If you are on a budget and are used to island accommodation, this is an excellent place.
The nightly rate is very reasonable in my humble opinion. It is on the main street but set back away from the street. So minimal traffic noise.
You are on island so dogs and roosters are common.
There is a cultural show nearby and the noise does drift over. I was in room 3 in the corner so noise might not be as noticeable in other rooms. It stopped by 10pm so no issues for me.
Note there is no tv so you'll need to entertain yourself.
I was the only guest at the property. They staff left me to it but if I needed anything there was always someone at the front office/room area.
I thought the lady said breakfast would be served at 8am but it wasn't ready until 8.30am. I'm not sure if it was "island time" or if it was because it was the off season and I was the only guest.
I had no issues with the hot water or cleanliness. Again, you are on an island so bugs are to be expected. Bug spray was provided in the room.
The wifi wasn't working once and the kind lady reset it as soon as I told her about it.
I was allowed to check in early and check out late at no additional cost which is a huge 5-stars from me.
A fan was provided as it was quite warm.
I felt safe at the property. Would recommend this place for solo travellers.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 17 October 2019

First the pros:
- I was picked up at the airport promptly although the plane was late and arrived around 2AM.
- The bed was comfortable.
- There was hot water if you ran the shower for 3 to 5 minutes beforehand.
- The prepared breakfast was excellent!
- The location was great - close to main street and I felt safe.
- The price was right.
- The place was old but the room was cleaned every day except for one.
Cons:
- I seemed to be the only guest at the hotel for the 6 days. As solo traveller it would have been nice to meet people.
- There's really no front desk therefore it was hard to find staff to talk with about issues (like needing more shampoo and where to park my rental car).
- Barking dogs in the middle of the night right outside my window - OMG!
- The safe didn't work.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Worst experience in 3 decades. Totally different from photos shown in gallery. Poorly maintained and outdated. Dust and blood mark on floor. Did not meet anyone since arrival at 2pm. Had to move to another hotel at 9pm.

Room tip: Maybe for very budgeted travelers or backpackers. Down to the earth.
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Leung J
kaimanainn, Propietario at Kaimana Inn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Dear YIk,

Thank you for choice us and for your review, sorry for the inconvenience, we already take notes about this and solve this inconvenience for you.

Hope you had a good trip back home.

Best regards