Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 94
Hotels.comUSD 94
Expedia.comUSD 94
eDreamsUSD 94
TravelocityUSD 94
Orbitz.comUSD 94
CheapTicketsUSD 94
All reviews the main street cultural show cleaned every day each morning rental car sonia host airport tour island town roosters flight chickens bugs
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

So people either love or hate this place and I guess it's all about expectations. Let me begin by saying I usually stay at Marriott properties in the U.S. but I was up for an adventure. Reminder: you are staying on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It is rustic. I was picked up promptly at the airport. The man gave me a brief tour of the city. He was very helpful arranging a horseback riding trip to Terevaka. He helped me get set up with WiFi. Breakfast was very nice each morning. The property is not air conditioned and the room was very warm in the afternoons. Hot water was in short supply but it is all part of the adventure. My room was cleaned every day. The only problem is this property does not really have a front desk in case you have questions or problems. You have to look around and find someone. I would stay at this property again because it is quaint, centrally located and many places are within walking distance. The transport back to the airport was on time. I like this place!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SeriousBiz
Reviewed 7 December 2019

If you are on a budget and are used to island accommodation, this is an excellent place.
The nightly rate is very reasonable in my humble opinion. It is on the main street but set back away from the street. So minimal traffic noise.
You are on island so dogs and roosters are common.
There is a cultural show nearby and the noise does drift over. I was in room 3 in the corner so noise might not be as noticeable in other rooms. It stopped by 10pm so no issues for me.
Note there is no tv so you'll need to entertain yourself.
I was the only guest at the property. They staff left me to it but if I needed anything there was always someone at the front office/room area.
I thought the lady said breakfast would be served at 8am but it wasn't ready until 8.30am. I'm not sure if it was "island time" or if it was because it was the off season and I was the only guest.
I had no issues with the hot water or cleanliness. Again, you are on an island so bugs are to be expected. Bug spray was provided in the room.
The wifi wasn't working once and the kind lady reset it as soon as I told her about it.
I was allowed to check in early and check out late at no additional cost which is a huge 5-stars from me.
A fan was provided as it was quite warm.
I felt safe at the property. Would recommend this place for solo travellers.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 17 October 2019

First the pros:
- I was picked up at the airport promptly although the plane was late and arrived around 2AM.
- The bed was comfortable.
- There was hot water if you ran the shower for 3 to 5 minutes beforehand.
- The prepared breakfast was excellent!
- The location was great - close to main street and I felt safe.
- The price was right.
- The place was old but the room was cleaned every day except for one.
Cons:
- I seemed to be the only guest at the hotel for the 6 days. As solo traveller it would have been nice to meet people.
- There's really no front desk therefore it was hard to find staff to talk with about issues (like needing more shampoo and where to park my rental car).
- Barking dogs in the middle of the night right outside my window - OMG!
- The safe didn't work.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Worst experience in 3 decades. Totally different from photos shown in gallery. Poorly maintained and outdated. Dust and blood mark on floor. Did not meet anyone since arrival at 2pm. Had to move to another hotel at 9pm.

Room tip: Maybe for very budgeted travelers or backpackers. Down to the earth.
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Leung J
kaimanainn, Propietario at Kaimana Inn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Dear YIk,

Thank you for choice us and for your review, sorry for the inconvenience, we already take notes about this and solve this inconvenience for you.

Hope you had a good trip back home.

Best regards

Marcelo - Owner Kaimana Inn

Reviewed 21 May 2019

Stayed 7 days 6 nights. No hot water first 2 days, room not cleaned 2 days, trash not taken out 3 days, No fresh towels 2 days, Black Mold in the shower. Their attempt to clean it was to pour bleach straight on it but not rinse off the bleach. So when I stepped in the shower on the wet bleach the floor was slippery and burned my feet. So I rinsed it off. There is still a lot of black mold in that shower area. Breakfast was not available until 9am - tours start at 9am. So you have to pick breakfast or tour. I chose to rent a car, and in May the best morning lighting in between 9-10am - again breakfast does not fit in that schedule.
The first night it was really cool but the extra blanket in the room was very thin, and there is no one there to ask about room supplies. The next day i was able to get 3 extra blankets, so that helped. The rooms have a fan, fridge, no heating. The rooms are a nice size, pleasant staff, enough outlets, great location. Good market and restaurants close by. Parking for a rental car.
I was not expecting WiFi to be perfect, but it is of lower quality than i was expecting. She said it was because she has an extra phone that is set to a hot spot. I had to ask a couple of times to have it reset, since it went down. Only strong enough to read email, not enough for anything else.
Smoking - there are some people that are smoking; the manager and a guest. Not sure of the smoking policy.
More about the hot water - The mgr said something about it being solar, and to run the water longer. I ran it a very long time, so did some of the other guests. No HOT. None of us had any hot water for 2.5 days. THEN they replaced the propane tanks, and magically the water was hot.
I asked for a taxi for a certain time - it arrived 15 minutes after the desired time. And it all did work out, but the problem with my ticket that i knew i had to handle was real, and the airline reservation system was super slow. The line grew behind me after they started on my ticket problem.
The local restaurant nearby has an island show on M/W/F it is loud, but the music is nice and not too late. Of course you hear dogs, cars, roosters.
It is a 6 room facility, 3 on one side of the patio, and 3 on the other side.
Don't know anything about any restaurant there - there were no signs of food service other than breakfast.

Room tip: check for other lodging, not there. Other options are available.
Date of stay: May 2019