“Mud in the salad!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Apart from the mud in my husband's crab salad the food was very nice. He had a mouthful of salad and got a mouth full of mud. The waitress took his muddy napkin away to show the manager who then came over and suggested it must have been crab shell! Fortunately (?) there was another large piece of mud on the plate which showed that this clearly wasn't crab shell! They didn't make us pay for the salad.

Service a bit slow with no drinks until well after the starters arrived. They were quite busy though.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We spent the Easter weekend at The big brother hotel that owns this pub. Sadly our stay with them was not great at all.

However, the complete opposite review for this quaint and cosy pub over the road.

We ordered the Mussels, and both my girlfriend and I agreed they were without a doubt, the best we'd even eaten. The pressed lamb shoulder was also incredibly tasty, and the staff were all very welcoming and professional.

Would highly recommend for anyone staying in The Cotswolds.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly welcome
Loved the ambiance We got the best cosy table near the fireplace
I ordered hake I love it and my husband order pork belly also very impressed
The food tasted fresh and wholesomely delicious.
We will definitely go back and recommend this place to others.
Ah and we visited the rooms and they are newly renovated and look really nice.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with my husband on a bank holiday Monday lunchtime. Fantastic food, great service, lovely staff and nice atmosphere. We will return.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I had read good reviews of this pretty village pub in Barnsley just a few miles from Cirencester and it lived up to our expectations. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was excellent.
I only had one course... deep fried soft shell crabs which were delicious.
We will return again.