“Yummy lunch”

The Edge Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Montville
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer coffee and cake from 8:30-4pm Breakfast Menu offered from 8:30am-10:30am ( last orders 10:20am ) Lunch Menu offered from 11:30am-2:30pm (last orders 2:20pm )
Reviewed 7 June 2023

We've been here before for breakfast so we tried lunch this time.
I had Barramundi and chips, my wife had hamburger and chips. We asked for no salt or herbs on chips.
Food arrived double quick time and was as ordered.
Mine was superb and the only compliant from my wife, I also tasted, was the smoked aoli dip - not nice - it was too creamy and lacked garlic, what a shame...
Great service and friendly too. Can't give less than 5 even allowing for the aoli. Would recommend

Date of visit: June 2023

Reviewed 31 May 2023 via mobile

We have visited quite a few times for both breakfast and lunch and it is well worth the visit !

Fabulous staff
Fabulous food
And that view 😱

Reviewed 20 May 2023 via mobile

A great place to eat inside or even better along ‘the edge’ by eating on the balcony area outside overlooking the green valley towards the Sunshine Coast. The staff are friendly, the coffee is good and the food is delicious. It was a lovely place to catch up with friends in a relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 May 2023 via mobile

Had afternoon coffee and a slice of Fruits of the Forest Gateau cake to share with family. Cake was awesome. Not too swèet. View was magnificent. Service was quick.

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed 7 May 2023

I am a local and love to bring our visitors to this restaurant as the view is spectacular.
However I am absolutely disgusted and appalled and how we were treated by the manager Lisa

We politely mentioned to a young staff member our calamari wasn’t cooked properly (it was obviously very quickly flash fried and was still a bit floury) expecting the staff to quickly cook it longer or replace it

However Lisa came over to our table raised her voice and saying “right who said the calamari wasn’t cooked!? Threw it on the table and said “the chef said it’s absolutely cooked I’m not going to replace it” then said you can either keep it or I’ll take it.

Our entire table was in shock and no one knew what to say… and I was so embarrassed in front of my guests

I’ve been coming to the edge for years but will never bring anyone back here! Everyone at our table had never experienced such appalling customer service!

Funny thing is we mentioned to other shop owners in town about our disgusting service and they all straight away asked, did you go to the edge?

1  Thank morgan p