“Excellent ambiance and good customer service”

Secrets Dining on the Deck at Montville
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Montville
Price range: AU$8 - AU$40
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Secrets Cafe is a truly special place, nestled in the rainforest on the shores of Lake Baroon with panoramic views of the water, mountains and rainforest. This intimate connection with nature is enhanced by the incredible food prepared in house by our top chef Mathew Law and served by cafe manager Di Dennis and her passionate team of helpers. The cafe has been crafted with exquisite carvings and attention to detail. You may even find a unique gift for that special someone in our Art Gallery. Secrets Cafe and Deck has a fully licensed bar, stocked with a fine selection of spirits, wines, beers and cocktails. We are open six days a week, from Tuesday to Sunday 8:30am to 4:00pm.
Reviewed 14 April 2021

My husband and I had lunch at Secrets on the Lake as a treat from some of our good friends. The restaurant had beautiful wood décor among paintings, view of the lake and also good customer service. The food was delicious which made the whole experience a lovely one. We were just at Secrets on the Lake for lunch and did not stay at the hotel.

Secretsonthelake, Owner at Secrets Dining on the Deck at Montville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2021

Thanks Sandra for your lovely review. My staff work very hard to give our diners a great experience so we are always happy to hear our customers have enjoyed their visit to us. Kind regards Aldy

Reviewed 6 April 2021

This was my second visit to the restaurant. First visit, very good, second visit, very disappointing, I ordered the crab risotto, and received a bowl of what could only be described watery mess with almost no crab (tinned!). The dish was tasteless. Won't be taking guests there again.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank 45wander

Thanks for letting us know Tricia. I am disappointed too. So I now have Chef working on a replacement for the risotto which will be more to the expectations of a Secret's diner. Kind regards Aldy!

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

Awesome food, location and service! I've never eaten an entree and main course but the souffle was delicious as was my barramundi! Thank you for a memorable birthday lunch.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank HillgirlAustralia

Hello HillgirlAustralia. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your review. I will definitely be passing on your compliments to my staff. The souffle is one my favourites too. Kind regards George and Aldy!

Reviewed 25 March 2021

We had a wonderful table, waiter service was extremely good and the waitress es were so friendly and made us feel welcome. Our entree of cheese soufflé was unbelievably delicious , Fir our mains, 3 of us had Confit of duck which , was extremely dry, served with 3 small Romano tomatoes and beans with honey around the plate little bit of a let down after the entrees. Serene surroundings

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Amazing location in montville but service was terrible. We had multiple waiters walk past us and ignore us, it took 20 plus mins to get someone’s attention to order lunch.
Food was nice though

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank S6UCtravellingwuthki

Hello Travelling with Kids sorry you were disappointed. I apologise as obviously the staff were very busy on the day. On the weekends we often have the restaurant thrown out of kilter by guests being delayed on the Bruce Highway and being late for their time slot. However no excuses, I will talk to my staff with a view to improving service time. Kind regards Aldy