“Disappointing”

Montville Cafe Bar and Grille
Ranked #3 of 9 Quick Bites in Montville
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Top of the hill main street montville
Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

It still has a lovely garden setting here, but the rest was blah. No rating for service as you order at the counter, buy drinks at the bar, get your own water and glasses... fair enough, they call themselves a pub. But then lunch meals are overpriced for this level of non service and very average food. My vegetarian linguine was tasteless - a bowl of pasta sprinkled with olives, a couple of canned artichoke hearts, a few pieces of dried tomato and heap of olive oil. I could have made a much tastier version at home in 10 minutes. This place used to be better.
C'mon eateries, lift your game! Many people have stopped dining out because the average home cook serves up better food than what so-called chefs are offering.

Date of visit: May 2022
martin p, Owner at Montville Cafe Bar and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

hi
sounds like you’re a great cook
why don’t you invite us around for dinner so we can give you a review

all the best

Reviewed 19 March 2022

I found the free courtesy bus too efficient, the staff too friendly and accommodating, the food too tasty and well-proportioned for a bar&grill and the ice in the Diablo alcoholic ginger beer(with a residual hint of chilli through the nose and served with ice and muddled lime) just a tad too cold. I’m moving in tomorrow.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 10 March 2022

When I popped in on my rainy 50th Birthday, they had no problem finding me a table.
I treated myself to a three course meal and wasn't disappointed - the food was amazing.
The staff were also very friendly and very helpful and I would definitely recommend Montville Cafe Bar and Grille.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 6 March 2022

A beautiful meal, but very expensive for a pub setting with no table cloths and no table service. The salad consisted of a single small leaf green with nothing else, the same as it was 15 years ago
The staff were great, very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 28 February 2022

Felt a bit like I was in an old Swiss chalet. Food was very good though, although there is no table sevice. Good for a family meal, perhaps not so much for a romantic dinner or celebration

Date of visit: February 2022