Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Elaine W
Rockhampton, Australia

"Wonderful Weekend"

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Oct 2015
We have stayed in many B and B's in Australia and overseas, but we have to rate Montville Provencal as one of the best. My husband and I were in Montville to attend a wedding, and chose Montville Provencal for it's quiet surroundings and easy walk to the town centre, where the wedding and reception were held.The rooms are beautifully furnished and very comfortable. Our hosts were excellent and friendly - attentive to the needs of their guests. Breakfast was generous and sumptuous. Montville Provencal was part of a very memorable weekend, and we highly recommend it.
Date of stay: September 2015
Room Tip: Room 1 is at the end of the verandah - very quiet and private!!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Official Site
    AU$395
3.4 km from Montville Boutique BnB
View more hotels in Montville
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Relaxing, beautiful setting. Clearly a lot of thought and care has gone into delightful, spacious, immaculately clean and super comfortable rooms. This would have to be the best set out B & B I have ever stayed in, with glorious gardens and wonderful hosts, along with tickle your tastebuds delights offered for breakfast. Thanks again guys. We shall be back.

Room tip: Old world charm, spacious but cosy feeling
Date of stay: September 2015
5  Thank angela jane B
Reviewed 28 August 2015

I have stayed at Montville Provencal on quite a number of occasions over the last 15 years or so, although, I have to say in response to mistersoftlys review...I myself and my partner have stayed in all of the rooms on various occasions and I am very unsure of which room you are talking about!!
All the rooms are absolutely beautiful. Big bright and airy in summer, warm and cosy in winter. Not sure why it took 4 hours to heat up your room with the slow combustion fireplace ( inexperienced I suppose) but if you were having problems I know for sure Laura and Tony would have been more than happy to show you how to get the fire going ! Upon arrival you are warmly greeted by Laura and Tony and taken to your room, which we might add is beautiful, from the lovely clean bath towels to the crisp white linen on the most comfortable of beds that I have yet to compare too anywhere else we have stayed, so you know your in for a good nights sleep! All of Montville is on tank water so I don't know why drinking out of the tap would have been an issue for mistersoftly! ( The carafe of cold water in the fridge is from Montville Mist as Laura explains upon your arrival.) We absolutely love Montville Provencal and have no hesitation in recommending anyone staying here ! Also you are within walking distance to the shops and local restaurants so you don't have to worry about finding a car park which can be quiet difficult especially on weekends!! Oh I must also mention your brekkies are just awesome ! lovely home style cooking....better than a couple of the cafes we have been too...We will see you both in about 4 weeks !! Thank you once again Laura and Tony for another wonderful restful stay as always.. Mandy and Walter

Room tip: All rooms are quiet, middle room has a spa, all have private entry. walking distance to shop
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank mandy m
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We love Montville Provencal. We have been coming to this B&B for the past 10 years. I love the summer time as we spend our time relaxing around the very private pool and beautiful gardens. Two weeks ago we were very fortunate to be able to stay for a long weekend. It was quite cold at night and we made full use of the wood fireplace. I had to call Tony up as we were not familiar with lighting fires. Tony happily lit our fire and gave us instructions on how to keep it going. The fire lasted us into the early hours of the morning. The rooms are beautifully furnished and very cosy. Our Queen size bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the mornings was just amazing. Would definitely recommend. Sitting outside our room in the morning sun overlooking over the pool. So relaxing. We walked to the main street afterwords. A easy 5 minute walk into town. The owners Laura and Tony are wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. We would recommend this B&B to everyone and can't wait for our next long weekend. Glenn and Monica

Date of stay: August 2015
5  Thank Monica S
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I thought I would respond to mistersofty's recent review. My wife and I have visited Montville Provencal on many occasions and have never encountered any of the problems mentioned in the review. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it also doesn't mean they are correct. He describes his room as a French prison. If that is the case then incarcerate me now! The rooms are large and airy and have a lovely warm feeling which immediately sets you at ease. Not sure why he could not drink out of the taps, very strange! We have never had any problems with either the fire place or the air conditioning. As for the beds they are clean, warm and extremely comfortable. The hosts have always been welcoming and we would have no hesitation in recommending the Montville Provencal as one of the best places we have stayed. In my experience I genuinely believe that my review is a much better reflection of the accommodation. Well done to the hosts and we will be back as soon as we can!

Date of stay: January 2015
2  Thank Sean H
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

I love this place, the hosts, the rooms and the atmosphere. It's the perfect place to stay when at Montville. It feels like you are tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the Main Street yet still within walking distance to everything.

I highly recommend Montville Provencal to anyone who wants to enjoy a stay in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.

Date of stay: April 2015