Poets Restaurant and Cafe & Main Street Gallery
Price range: AU$24 - AU$95
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2024

Worst customer service I’ve ever seen. Arrived with our 2 year old child which apparently meant we had to sit outside near the main road. The very rude owner, whom I think must be single because he has zero empathy or respect, snatched a decorated table number out of our child’s hand and made her cry before we could even sit down. Don’t think he even knows how to smile looking at the other reviews. Shocking

1  Thank John S

Reviewed 23 January 2024

Do not try to take your children here! They are very clearly not welcome. We walked in and it was empty, immediately an old man (could be owner or manager) told us we had to sit outside near the road. My 2 year old daughter sat on a chair and picked up the reserved sign and a little ladybug table decoration, smiling and happy. The man then GRABBED them out of her hand and said ‘NO’ and made her cry. We immediately got up and left. If I could put 0 stars I would. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN, awful place.

1  Thank chloë b
Reviewed 17 January 2024

Poets Cafe is definitely a must stop while in Montville.
The staff there are absolutely fantastic, I visit almost daily as I work nearby and have never had a bad experience. The food is delicious and always cooked to perfection.
Poets has been my go to café over any other in Montville.

I am shocked to see any reviews speaking negatively about the staff or owner. The entire team is professional, well mannered and always endeavoured to ensure that my experience has been excellent.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 January 2024

The building is AMAZING, and the position and views FANTASTC.
UNFORTUNATELY FOR US, we got GABBI as our waitress. I very seldom leave reviews unless I can say something positive, but this waitress really lets the whole business down! It may be that she hasn’t had the correct training or experience, but failing that, she just shouldn’t be working in the service industry. Bearing in mind that the restaurant was NOT busy when we went, her attitude was appalling. She was haughty, grabbed the menu of my grandson with quote”someone else might want to see that”. They didn’t have a high chair, but knowing my grandson to be well behaved, that wasn’t a problem. ( there were no signs saying children weren’t welcome). I did kindly request that we move tables when an outside one became available, at which point she practically barked that “ it was company policy not to move tables after an order had been taken” - no apology, no smile, just an arrogant smirk. Had I been on my own, I would have left immediately, but as I was with company, I felt that would be rude. The whole experience was RUINED by this one BAD EGG. I hope the owners have a chance to allow GABBI some training, and if not, allow her only kitchen or background duties where she can cause less damage to what would have been a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Donna I
Reviewed 6 January 2024

Rude staff, unclean bathroom, unable to push two tables together to eat with our family, expensive, minimal gluten free options, can’t bring a pram in with sleeping baby.

1  Thank Philip F