Lowest prices for your stay
AU$427
AU$364
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Easy and fast booking
Kathleen S
The best thing is the food
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 June 2023
Altitude is very nice accommodation, but I wouldn’t call it luxury. Our superior spa (I’m afraid we didn’t use it so can’t comment) room had a beautiful view towards the coast, plenty of space and a comfortable king size bed. Dinner in the restaurant was simply delicious and the breakfast platter was excellent (although no napkins). Customer service from Piper, who seemed to be doing everything from reception to serving in the restaurant, was first class. On the minus side, we didn’t like the open plan design of the room. A bathroom should have solid walls and a door. And the showers need better enclosure - water sprayed all over the place.
Date of stay: May 2023
  • StayForLong
2.4 km from Altitude on Montville
Free Wifi
View more hotels in Montville
All reviews road noise two bedroom apartment gas fireplace breakfast platter room service sunshine coast spa bath stayed for nights dining experience beautiful location a lovely stay shutters balcony toilet accommodation conditioner shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2023

Booked for 2 nights to attend a wedding. Unit was spacious but cosy with the fire, beds were comfortable and the bathroom was great (lots of hot water and great water pressure). Staff were friendly, check in was easy. Didn't use the restaurant because had wedding to attend and had breakfast in village. Short stroll to/from Montville shops which were lovely (check out the cuckoo shop). Did see some reviews about the road noise but we were on ground floor and this was not an issue. Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2023
Reviewed 3 January 2023 via mobile

The first thing you notice when attempting to get to the reception is the stairs...there is no ramp or lift available so if you have heavy luggage, prams and/or mobility limitations access is a major barrier.

The stairs continue inside the property..so by the time you get to your room after hauling bags and sore knees up you need a rest.

We had an apartment with three rooms which were adequate but not dazzling. The sofa in the loungeroom is old and lost all integrity. There are no ceiling fans which is odd as it was really hot and would have been great to circulate the air.

The wifi/mobile reception is shocking! Basically it doenst work in the room at all..so you can either stand on the stairs waving your phone around for a signal or forget finding out what is going on in the world and do a crossword.

The location is not ideal as its a fair walk from any shops or restaurants, so we went to the restaurant at the property which was beyond terrible! We were given wrong orders, orders coming out at random times which were cold and tasteless. Rude staff who didnt bother to check into see how we were enjoying (or not enjoying the meals). Very disappointing.

The road is really noisy and you get the smell of smoke from people in other rooms.

I wouldnt recommend staying here as im sure there are lots of other more feiendly and accessible properties in the area.

Room tip: Parking is limited and has tiny spaces. Dont stay here if you have prams, physical limitations due to many stairs
Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2022

We chose a room at the back of the property to avoid traffic noise. The room size and appointments were fine but it was like the Black Hole of Calcutta. The balcony was enclosed and the walls were painted charcoal gray! We had to leave all the lights on all the time. For goodness sake paint the walls white!

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2022

I booked a room for my sisters 60 th birthday. I asked for 2 separate beds and received confirmation that this had been actioned.
We walked in and were informed that they had bad news for us, this was that they only had a room with a King bed. They said it was my fault for booking that room and would not acknowledge that they had communicated to me that they noted 2 single beds. I explained I was recovering from covid and that we couldn’t sleep in 1 bed. They offered us a 2 bedroomed unit for $200 extra. I was not prepared to pay this, I just wanted my booking honoured as confirmed.
We asked to see the manager who arrived 15 minutes later, evidently her day off.
I have NEVER met such a rude, dismissive person. She asked if I thought they were a furniture removalist business and then told me that if I booked the cheapest room available what do I expect. Eventually after both of us raising our voices she said we could have our deposit back and sarcastically wished us luck finding other accomodation. This was at 4-00 pm. I could never recommend this place to anyone as this female manager is someone you wouldn’t want to discuss anything of importance with. She was fiery, intimidating and had no people skills at all. She at one point stopped the receptionist refunding our deposit as she wanted an apology from me which I obviously wouldn’t give. Please don’t stay there!

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank glynPerth
Reviewed 15 June 2022 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in June. Has a deluxe spa room which had views of the Sunshine Coast while sitting in a spa. Big spacious room and close to everything Montville has to offer. Will stay here if in Montville again.

Date of stay: June 2022