Lowest prices for your stay
AU$427
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Easy and fast booking
Petal
Brisbane, Australia
Lots and Lots of Staircases...
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Jan 2023via mobile
The first thing you notice when attempting to get to the reception is the stairs...there is no ramp or lift available so if you have heavy luggage, prams and/or mobility limitations access is a major barrier.

The stairs continue inside the property..so by the time you get to your room after hauling bags and sore knees up you need a rest.

We had an apartment with three rooms which were adequate but not dazzling. The sofa in the loungeroom is old and lost all integrity. There are no ceiling fans which is odd as it was really hot and would have been great to circulate the air.

The wifi/mobile reception is shocking! Basically it doenst work in the room at all..so you can either stand on the stairs waving your phone around for a signal or forget finding out what is going on in the world and do a crossword.

The location is not ideal as its a fair walk from any shops or restaurants, so we went to the restaurant at the property which was beyond terrible! We were given wrong orders, orders coming out at random times which were cold and tasteless. Rude staff who didnt bother to check into see how we were enjoying (or not enjoying the meals). Very disappointing.

The road is really noisy and you get the smell of smoke from people in other rooms.

I wouldnt recommend staying here as im sure there are lots of other more feiendly and accessible properties in the area.
Date of stay: December 2022
  • StayForLong
2.4 km from Altitude on Montville
Free Wifi
View more hotels in Montville
All reviews road noise two bedroom apartment gas fireplace breakfast platter room service sunshine coast spa bath stayed for nights dining experience beautiful location a lovely stay shutters balcony toilet accommodation conditioner shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2022

We chose a room at the back of the property to avoid traffic noise. The room size and appointments were fine but it was like the Black Hole of Calcutta. The balcony was enclosed and the walls were painted charcoal gray! We had to leave all the lights on all the time. For goodness sake paint the walls white!

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2022

I booked a room for my sisters 60 th birthday. I asked for 2 separate beds and received confirmation that this had been actioned.
We walked in and were informed that they had bad news for us, this was that they only had a room with a King bed. They said it was my fault for booking that room and would not acknowledge that they had communicated to me that they noted 2 single beds. I explained I was recovering from covid and that we couldn’t sleep in 1 bed. They offered us a 2 bedroomed unit for $200 extra. I was not prepared to pay this, I just wanted my booking honoured as confirmed.
We asked to see the manager who arrived 15 minutes later, evidently her day off.
I have NEVER met such a rude, dismissive person. She asked if I thought they were a furniture removalist business and then told me that if I booked the cheapest room available what do I expect. Eventually after both of us raising our voices she said we could have our deposit back and sarcastically wished us luck finding other accomodation. This was at 4-00 pm. I could never recommend this place to anyone as this female manager is someone you wouldn’t want to discuss anything of importance with. She was fiery, intimidating and had no people skills at all. She at one point stopped the receptionist refunding our deposit as she wanted an apology from me which I obviously wouldn’t give. Please don’t stay there!

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank glynPerth
Reviewed 15 June 2022 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in June. Has a deluxe spa room which had views of the Sunshine Coast while sitting in a spa. Big spacious room and close to everything Montville has to offer. Will stay here if in Montville again.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2022

Given wrong room, gave us key to a room where another family were already staying, check in staff were rude. Manager is very unpleasant, will not recommend and will never stay again, ruined our whole stay. Had to walk through disgusting kitchen to get to rooms. No internet, no phone reception, no where to eat, nothing open in the town, have to travel to Maleny for everything. Whole trip was a huge disappointment.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 23 May 2022

My wife and I stayed at the Altitude Hotel at Montville on Saturday 21 May. The start of our stay we enjoyed a lovely lunch of tapas and cocktails. The lunch is highly recommended and we relished all of the five tapas options on the menu especially the oysters. The staff we met were very friendly and added to the dining experience.
The hotel room was very spacious with all the modern amenities. There was a gas fireplace, a spa on the deck and the bed very comfortable. Our stay would have been great if it wasn’t for the returning wedding party at 10:00 pm. There is a wedding reception venue at the rear of the hotel and I believe the hotel is popular with people attending weddings there. After 10:00 pm the hotel resembled a frat house with drinking in the corridors, shouting, banging of doors. With no chance of getting to sleep we called hotel reception but with no staff on-site at night there was no answer. At 11:15 I called the after-hours number and spoke to Ryan and explained the situation. I received a text message back at 11:30 that someone would be out in 10 min. When someone did come out it did quieten down for half an hour but when they left the party started again. At 2:30 am we messaged Ryan from the hotel again but no response. At 3:00 am we had to shout at people to quieten down and move outside as the noise was extreme.
With no on-site staff, guests can do what they want with no consideration to other guests. With no sleep until after 3:00 am we wouldn’t stay there again and would recommend asking if there is a large wedding party booked in to ensure you can get some sleep. We did get an apology from reception at checkout but with what we had to put up with it was all too late.

Room tip: Ask for a sound proof room!!!!
Date of stay: May 2022