“First class food at first class prices but worth it for the view alone!”

Taymouth Marina Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Kenmore
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I recently dined here with my wife and friends. The first impressions were good with marvellous room decor, a log stove and welcoming staff. Slightly disappointed that a few bulbs on the boat and round the bar were blown, but this is one of my obsessions. The table had a lovely view over the loch and rearwards towards the crannog (well worth a visit too). The service was friendly and efficient. We were slightly puzzled as we were 'fitted in' at 6:30 pm, but there were only three full table by 8pm. My starter of the seafood platter was plentiful, with a good selection of fish. My main course was a lovely piece of cod which was extremely fresh, together with hand-cut chips, pea puree and a pleasant salad. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the puddings, including rice pudding and creme brulee, were reported to be delicious. My only slight criticism was the venison special enjoyed by a friend, which was very expensive for the portion sizes served. The rose wine was delicious and I was told that the red wine was good too. Overall, an excellent meal for about £38 per head.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Stopped for a snack on route home and ended up with a bowl of soup and a cheese and pickle wrap, which was very nice with good sized portions and good value for money, plus the service was excellent

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We visited the Taymouth Marina Restaurant on Tuesday 4th October 2016, my wife ordered the fresh fish platter and was more than satisfied, nice to watch a seafood lover in seafood heaven. I, not being a fish eater ordered a Wild mushroom risotto and thoroughly enjoyed the fresh taste.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Took a relative here for lunch and was very pleased with the location, service and food. Had a table with a view over the small boat pontoon and Loch Tay, just along from the crannog centre. Menu included several attractive sounding vegetarian options - I went for the rissotto. Alcohol-free beer available for the driver.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We stopped by here on our way to the marvelous Crannog Centre just for some soup and not expecting too much. However, the welcoming interior and staff and the outlook onto the loch as well as an interesting menu persuaded us to ask for four separate covers. When they arrived in a timely manner we again expected pre-prepared microwaved food but that was very far from what arrived. All were freshly prepared and to a very high standard. The chef here really does deserve the name. This was a lunchtime and I would imagine that in the evening when the log fire is on and you can see the lights on the marina and loch it would be even better. What a pity this restaurant is nowhere near where we live but it is worth some travel for this standard of food.