All reviews private pool bamboo shower tuna tartare presidential villa outdoor bathroom main infinity pool view deck private dinner personal butler chocolate hills resident manager dinner on the beach tagbilaran airport beach resort filipino food dolphin watching highly recommend this place
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The pool villa we were in was fantastic with its own pool overlooking the sea and spacious bathroom with both indoor and outdoor showers and a jacuzzi bath. The letdown was the restaurant and we had to eat there every meal because there was nothing else nearby. Service at the restaurant was extremely slow and the food was mediocre. The beach was quite disappointing too but we managed a boat trip out which was worth it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Cocktails by the poolside (I think it was more of in the pool), sumptuous breakfasts in the gazebo, relaxing massages in their spa, quiet walks by the beach.... These and more at Eskaya! Their breakfasts are great- very generous servings and tasty! Lunch and dinner are OK too (the pakbet has a huge serving as well) but we wished that there were more seafood choices and Simple Filipino food. The massage was the best I have ever had- we went for a massage 3x during our four day stay and it sent me to sleep every time. The beach can be better but it was already the rainy season so it wasn't as clean as we would have wanted, but it made it fun for Kyla- our ten year old guest, the daughter of my best friend from the U.S. She was thrilled by the many starfishes and even the few sea urchins and crabs. Another fun thing to do in the resort is mountain biking. Overall, it was a really fun and relaxing few days in Eskaya. I wouldn't mind coming back ....

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cecile J
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Eskaya beach resort and spa is a comfortable place to go for a trip away from home or a short vacation, nestled in the island of Panglao in Bohol. Upon arrival, we were greeted with the warm smiles of the friendly and accomodating staff. I enjoyed the beautiful landscape of green trees, shrubs and bamboos. It's also worth experiencing a delicious breakfast at the viewdeck while enjoying the view and warmth of the sunrise or dinner and watch the sunset by the sea.

The room is always neat and clean. They clean and fix the room everytime we go out. Even if you left the room with your things messed up, rest assured by the time you get back they are in place and clean again. The members of the staff are always attentive to our needs.

It's a good place to relax and be far from the crowd. It may be expensive but it's worth what you're paying for. Highly recommendable...

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My partner and I stayed here on 18th May for four nights. The resort really is very special and tranquil. We were blissfully content from the moment we were greeted by the driver and stunned when we arrived at the resort.

The room was so comfortable, pristine and luxurious. The outside bathroom had such a wow factor and the products they supply are lovely.

We ate in everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner and enjoyed choosing every meal from the huge selection they give you and never disappointed.

The service is also wonderful and the staff were always smiling and willing to help.

The beach and pool are beautiful and we enjoyed every minute soaking up the stunning setting.

I don’t really have a bad word to say about the resort, it was truly special and my partner and I had a really magical time. Four days we will never forget.

I really recommend staying there when visiting Panglao or making a special trip to the Island to stay there. It is breathtaking.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinathetourist
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We recently stayed at the Eskaya for 3 nights after a hectic work trip to Manila. We were looking for peace and quiet and a bit of downtime in a pool villa - all of which we got at Eskaya. However, for the price, I think there are better places to go that are 5*.

For instance, on the first day we ordered lunch in the restaurant. As there is only one restaurant in the resort, you are limited to the restaurant menu (which did not change). There were not many options for lunch, so I order a tuna melt. I was surprised to find that my "melt" consisted of plain white sandwhich bread, tinned tuna, cucumber and processed sliced cheese (ie the type that comes wrapped in thin plastic). This unfortunately was indicative of the quality of the food throughout our stay. By the end of the 3 days, we were thoroughly bored with the menu, particularly the lunch options as there were hardly any. We tried the local adobo specialty, but found that the pork belly was so fatty we could not eat it. However, the breakfast menu was great and we particuarly enjoyed the baked beans - not at all like the tinned variety!

The other gripe we had was that the resort did not go out of their way to help you leave the resort - as it is very secluded (which is a plus), it does get a bit boring after a while. We asked about getting a taxi from the resort to have a look around the island, however we were told this would be very expensive. We did organise a tour of the island through the resort which was very enjoyable howver I'm sure it would have been half the price if we had used a tour company outside of the resort.

The villas were nice and contained everything you would need including wi-fi, however I found them a little dark for my liking. The plunge pool was a very decent size and ours overlooked the lovely white sand beach, so the view was spectacular. The service at the resort was also excellent - dinner tables were set up on the beach when it was fine, and you could dine on the beach for no extra charge which I thought was a nice touch.

Overall, if you are looking for total seclusion for a few days and you are content with lazing by your private pool, you will enjoy the Eskaya. However, if you are after excellent food with plenty of variety, and activities/experiences outside the resort, you will probably be disappointed by the experience.

We have stayed in pool villas in other locations (Lankawi, Koh Samui etc) that were 5* for around the same price, or even a little less. I would probably try somewhere different next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple