“secluded getaway”

Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had a 3 days/ 2 night fun trip at Eskaya Beach and Spa Resort, Panglao Island on 3/31/2012- 4/02/2012. (This was the latter part of our Philipine visit. The hotel van pick up from the ferry was easy to spot and the driver immediately greeted us with a cool wash cloth and a bottle of cold water for each of us. It took another 30 minutes to arrive at the hotel's idyllic and secluded location. If you like to wander into the nearby town, you will need a private/hired car to take you. The beach resort however, is beach heaven! Everything was right there for the amenities we wanted..... the excellent choices at Lantawan Restaurant to the hotel spa. They also have various water sports activity available (i.e. paddle boat, kayak, jet ski, snorkel, diving) They can also arrange island or countryside tours for you.
Hotel service is top notch throughout with the manager, Boy? (not sure of last name) leading the way. And the beach.... OMG! white sand, clear water, all for yourself. Keep in mind that there are 16 bungalows at the resort and you don't have to worry about crowds. Infinity pool in front of Lantawan Restaurant, overlooking the beach. You can even have your own beach dining if you ask. The staff, always with a friendly smile, is very attentive to your needs.
Case in point.... I went for a walk to the beach with no intention of swimming in the water. Anyhow, the water was too inviting to ignore so I went. By the time I swam out of the water onto the nearby lounge, there was someone handing me a beach towel. No need to ask. It was there!
They have their own entertainment at night and may vary. Our first night, we had a crooner belting out love songs in Filipino and English. Second night, we had a concert by a local group of school kids performing to the accompaniment of different bamboo instruments.
Eskaya is a perfect beach getaway for anyone wanting to get away from the crowd.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smallest bungalow they had and loved it! Down pillows and soft bed make for a peac...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Norwin H

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Tired from the unending requirements of the corporate set-up, a respite from a secluded place but complete with amenities for a perfect vacation was all I needed. My kumareng Liza found the perfect place to spend the weekend away from the hustle and bustle of the inner city life. Eskaya in Panglao Bohol.

This is my second trip to this emerging tourist destination. The first one was an adventure trip. The Eskaya Trip was an all-relaxation and little fun. The rate is high but the accomodation is more than what you paid. I had Balai 6 all by myself with a nice pool ovelooking the ocean but slightly covered with trees. The interior of Balai 6 is exotic. I love the canopy type. The veranda is exemptionally a blessing for tired souls. You could hardly find tourists around but I was told that they had 100% accomodation at that time.

The massage is good. It is included in the package. I required for a tip because the service is good. The food (breakfast) is ok...i'm not a foodie, at all. I missed that dinner by the sea with "sulo". The staff is just a meter away from you just in case you need them. but their presence is not annoying.

Well, the toiletries are so cute (crab tree and evelyn) and i asked for some as gifts for my friends. A good swim at the main pool is so relaxing. Take some drinks too. The sunset is beautiful on this side of the island. The beach side is not recommendable. But it looks good in pictures and for sun bathing.

A trip to Eskaya is one of the best I had in Panglao. I know there are still a lot to uncover.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ShortsTrip
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Incredible place, great food, friendly staff and great service! Based on the other reviews that we read from this site we thought we would be going elsewhere for our meals, we came in for lunch so we decided to try out their restaurant. It was a very pleasant surprise! The food was great and the prices weren't bad at all. Although the food took about 30 mins to arrive it was well worth it since you could tell that it was indeed freshly cooked using fresh ingredients. Breakfast was great as well and the servings were good for 2 people. The staff was right beside you when you needed them and Boy, the manager, was very accomodating and friendly checking up on us every so often to make sure we were having a good time. Needless to say we didn't leave the resort during our whole stay, not even for meals.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank myuson
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Location is not that great. You are locked inside the resort forced to patronize their restaurants. There is no option to go out of the resort unless you hire a private car. Beach has lots of sea weeds and pebbles, though the sand is white. Though the place is clean, and amenities are high end, the price is not commensurate to the service they provide.

• Stayed: November 2011
7  Thank traveller923
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The resort has a nice white sand beach but there were a lot of sea weeds floating when we went there last December. It was rainy and the water was a little turbid. This made us stay in our casita most of our time. It turned out it was the most relaxing time of our trip.

The resort is composed only of separate casitas or Villas which are very private and luxurious. You have your own butler. They really pamper you. The staff are very accommodating and always ready to please your every wish. I feel like a princes.

I have to mention the very relaxing layout of the bedroom which overlooks the sea. The room we stayed in has it's own whirlpool bath on the terrace. The bathroom is outside the bedroom and you shower under the sky. What an experience. Since it is surrounded by shrubbery and bamboo, it is completely secluded from prying eyes.

You have to try the spa. The best massage I had. And very beautiful spa room indeed.

I cannot say enough of the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms.

The food quality needs improvement. Service is always with a smile

The resort is expensive. But if they pamper you like a princess fora few days, it's worth it.

Will be back.