All reviewsprivate poolbamboo showertuna tartarepresidential villaoutdoor bathroommain infinity poolview deckprivate dinnerpersonal butlerchocolate hillsresident managerdinner on the beachtagbilaran airportbeach resortfilipino fooddolphin watchinghighly recommend this place
Reviewed 18 September 2011

we first stayed in eskaya last february 2008 and we decided to come back last june 7-9, 2011. the first trip to the resort was a wonderful surprise to the point that my husband and i jumped like kids on the bed when our assigned "butler" left. there are so many things i love about this place that we call our second home. but as not to bore any reader who might find this review helpful...i'll narrow it down to ten (10)!

10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT ESKAYA!

1) THE PROPERTY! private beach front, a hilltop view of the ocean, the built of the villas and the fact that there are only 15 villas (plus the presidential suite) makes you feel like you have the entire property to yourself...twice we have been there, and it's never been crowded even with children around.

2) THE VILLAS - the villas with no infinity pool are situated near the main pool so it's not a big deal to walk a little bit. But if you can afford to get one with the pool, by all means get it. there's nothing like watching a beautiful sunset in your own infinity pool and in the comfort of your own room.

3) HANDURAW SPA - a really good massage is my thing! (amongst a lot of other things!)
i know a good massage from a mediocre one...and they offer really good massage! i stick to my favorite HILOT because it's not only relaxing, it is also beneficial to your health. there's a filipino therm called "tulo laway" when you experience something good...go figure.

4) THE SWING - when you are roaming around the property make sure you stop by one of the few swings scattered around the resort. these are strategically located to give you the best views. i just love sitting there to either to talk with my husband, read a book or simply watch the sky move, feel the breeze and listen to the music of the sea...

5) OUR ROOM! - it's tastefully done. i love the native inspiration and all the things in it. fully equipped with wifi (if you want a line to the world) and all the games that can keep you occupied if you ever get bored of doing nothing...

6) JET SKI - we rented the jetski for an hour and my husband and i just went around the island! found some patches of super duper clear water and white sand that is perfect for swimming so we would dive and dip in. it was so much fun! plus we got to see all the beachfront resorts & compared who's got the nicest one.

7) FOOD - i saw that there are some reviews where guests were not happy with the food. fortunately, we are very happy with 99% the food we ate. there was one time the rice was not to my liking as it was too oily and the management immediately addressed it and even gave me a free salad. something that is expected of high end resorts with good service. plus, i think the portions are on the bigger side so you will get full with your orders.

8) THE MAIN INFINITY POOL - perfect for long laps and making friends with other guests from the resort. the bar is also charming (although i think they can get their servers trained more informed in regards to mixing different cocktails).

9) SINGING BIRDS - all the villas are enclosed with plants and trees..therefore, there are loads of birds around and they normally they wake you up in the morning and serenade you during the afternoon. we also had a resident bird who would dive in the pool over and over again just to cool off and another one stealing my food! fun to watch!

10) THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE - after saying all that....Need I Say More? :)

Room Tip: go for the room with infinity pool!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank professional_2rist
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family and I stayed at this resort for 3 days and had a wonderful time. The staff was very attentive and helpful. We stayed in a villa that has stunning architecture with updated amenities. The bathroom is elegantly and uniquely designed. If you want to be pampered and get rejuvenated, this is surely the place to stay. My wife and I had a great time at the luxurious spa. The meals are well prepared and the menu has a wide variety of food selections.
The resort has a nice infinity pool overlooking Bohol sea. The beach is serene and soothing to the soul.
This is truly a resort like no other. Being tucked away in a secluded paradise has been quite an experience that I would like to share with others.
I definitely recommend this highly to anyone who wants to get spoiled and be away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank babydave1
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Everything was great. Great place, great service, great food. It was home away from home. The view was amazing. The service was exceptional. It's a great place to go to with your family, friends and even your friends' friends.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tessie2011
Reviewed 23 June 2011

You want security, privacy, best view, best white sands runs along the beach this is the place....If you want to celebrate prosperity, or celebrate the beauty of life or enjoy the natures bestow on us go to Bohol hop into panglao island and stay in this resort....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lynman3
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This resort look beautiful on the pix and have an amazing infinity pool over looking the ocean but is full of mosquitoes,the food is awful infect I find a worm inside my arugula salad the service is friendly but not professional and it seems they try to save costs and cut expenses which is the right thing to do in a low/medium end resort not in a high end resort where you are charge over 500 Dollars night....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo