1,153 results
All reviews beach front pillow menu peanut kisses bean bags alona beach cucumber lemonade longest beach coconut trees sea urchins white sand beachfront room dinner buffet amazing beach garden view paddle boards free shuttle beach holiday
Reviewed 25 December 2016

I've been to Bohol several times already, but this is definitely one of the best resorts I've been to. It's a good thing I stayed here for free because staying here certainly doesn't come cheap. However, I can say it's truly worth it. They are located beside the Bohol Beach Club and along the Dumaluan Beach area, which is so much quieter and less crowded as compared to staying near Alona Beach. Their long stretch of white sand beach is private so it is perfect for relaxation. The staff were really accommodating and friendly. One of the best service I ever got in a resort. The rooms and facilities were well thought of. I love the jars of water by the doors of our room and near the pools so we can clean our feet. They have a good selection of food and drinks at their bar and restaurant. They also have two pool areas, a spa beside the beach, a game room and a gym. And if ever you get bored, they offer free shuttle services to Alona Beach. :)

Room Tip: The most expensive rooms are the ones nearest to the beach
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ChristineDiane
Fe G, Duty Manager at South Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Hi Christine Diane N,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are delighted to know that our services and overall facilities made your experience the best one. It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Maybe my own fault to go there since I don't have children. Actually the location is really nice, unfortunately the restaurant is nothing special, food is not tasty, expensive and they do not clean the area. Besides that children are always playing in the pool next to the restaurant. As I said definitely a family place and nothing for a couple. Gym is quite small and nothing special. Staff not really service oriented.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NicolaJ1302

Hi Nicola J,

First of all, thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We do regret that your recent experience with us is dissatisfying due to the issue that you have mentioned. We understand your concern and have shared them with the team so we can improve our guests’ experience when visiting our hotel.
We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to recover your impression of our resort.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

We booked our room before leaving Dublin and had hoped that it would be a nice way to start our trip to the Philippines. We were not disappointed at all. The resort is right on a spotless palm fringed beach and the villas are all spaced out nicely. One of the bars is right close to the beach and serves a great lunch. Our room was very sharply dressed and perfectly styled. The staff at the resort were incredibly helpful and cheerful at all times. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Only problem was we didn't stay long enough.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Fe G, Duty Manager at South Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2016

Dear pfbyrne,

Thank you for such a fantastic review. We are happy you were able to enjoy the many amenities South Palms has to offer. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days for our "mini-moon". We were welcomed with warm and friendly staffs. The place was amazingly beautiful! perfect for couples and families who wants privacy, relaxation and enjoy their time together. They know that we just got married and would give us small surprises every morning at breakfast. I'd like to commend Vince Russel for helping me out in pulling off my surprise moonlight dinner for my husband! He loved it so much and the food was so delicious! And Jean for spoiling us with a room with the great view! I keep raving about this place to my friends! Will definitely comeback here!

Room Tip: rooms near the second pool are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Fe G, Duty Manager at South Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Hi ShayneJingco,
Wow, thank you for such a lovely review! It’s always a joy to read positive remarks on our place and staffs – it truly makes our day!
Thank you that you have experienced "the way a Bohol Beach Holiday should be".
We are excited to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

South Palms is a very pleasant and relaxing beach resort located 30-45 minutes from the main airport of Bohol. The property has a long beautiful white beach and given the fairly low density of the villas, one never feels overwhelmed by fellow travellers. The guests are fairly international mix of European and Asian families and couples. The spa is located near the beach - well trained massage therapists. The resort has pleasant low key entertainment in the evenings. The staff is courteous and friendly. The only thing that does not come to par with the rest of the offer is the food. Some of that might be constrained by the limited supply of quality of fresh food from the island. But other dishes can be improved - like the Korean dishes are prepared with the wrong kimchi paste. The tennis court need to be resurfaced as the current coating is slippery and impossible to play on.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Miss_Gl0betr0tter,
It’s always a joy to receive kind remarks from our guests about our facilities and especially our staff. Truly the heart of the resort is its people, and were happy to know you have experienced our warm hospitality.

With regards to your comment on our food and tennis court, please be informed that these will be shared to the team as we continuously work on improving our guest experience. Nonetheless, thank you for choosing to spend your Bohol Beach Holiday at South Palms Resort Panglao. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit here in Bohol.