Reggae Guesthouse
South Palms Resort(Panglao Island)
USD 258
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 395/night.

Veraneante Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
USD 41
Momo Beach House(Panglao Island)
USD 94
USD 88
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 102/night.

Bohol South Beach Hotel(Panglao Island)
USD 66
USD 54
Agoda.com
Bohol Beach Club(Panglao Island)
USD 206
USD 172
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 224/night.

Bohol Sea Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
USD 53
USD 40
Priceline
Panglao Regents Park Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
USD 19
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 23/night.

The Bellevue Resort Bohol(Panglao Island)
USD 319
  • Pool
USD 2,319
USD 1,796
Priceline
All reviewsfrench couplechickens roostersfrench friendscost effective placethroat infectionolder frenchminor stufffriends visitinglobby wificandy crushbasic cottagestours leaveremote islandtoilet seattypical filipinomain beachminute walk
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a fairly cost effective place for NYE 2016/2017 that was bookable online. I wanted a private room otherwise I'd have considered a hostel. Read the reviews of Reggae seemed like my spot. It's fairly close to the main beach, a good 8-12 minute walk. I love reggae music. However the old reviews don't tell the true tale of what this place is. While I certainly did enjoy my stay (more on that later) there is absolutely no reggae music, Cha CHa is not there. It's a few small cottages run by a really nice older french couple that has young kids that live there. The younger kids are very nice, respectful and not noisy but this isn't a party place. Absolutely no reggae is played. Not to say this is a bad thing however no hostel or social vibe aside from maybe being neighbors with someone who is like minded.

I had a nasty throat infection and the owners did everything they could to make me feel comfortable. Free hot concoction of lemon and stuff from the woman, a couple of free beers from the man. They were very cool. I speak a dismal amount of french but did my best to speak it which they seem to appreciate. Their french friends who were previously described negatively I'd say are very nice people, but many do not speak any English.

The lady likes candy crush and cigarettes, the man likes cigarettes and beer. Not hard to find common ground with these nice french people. English is somewhat limited as in you may not be able to have a heart to heart talk but they speak good enough English to guide you. The male owner always did his best to help me, he got me a good quality scooter, made sure I had a tuk tuk to catch my boat. Solid people. I didn't eat breakfast there, they ask you to order the night ahead, everyone that I spoke to said it was good, French have high standards so I believe it.

Only thing i can complain about is they need to do a bit more day to day maintenance. These are typical Filipino style basic cottages but the fan in my room was rusted and needed changing. The toilet seat wasn't connected to the toilet. Minor stuff like that. However they took such good care of me that I didn't feel the need to complain but even considering the remote island stuff, I mean a toilet seat connected to the toilet and a new fan shouldn't be too much of an ask. Yes there is a karaoke bar close by and you will hear it, it goes late. Get ear plugs and you are fine. Chickens/roosters do cry in the morning, again ear plugs, but I sort of find that fun living in a big city. Lots of tours leave super early so maybe the chicken/rooster isn't such a bad thing.

The place is small, and frankly, doesn't seem to need new business justification to exist. Seems like a french family living there with enough friends visiting to fill most of the place. That said we had some cool neighbors forced to switch because they were full.

I'd recommend staying here assuming you like what you have read. Bottom line you are staying with a french couple who are solid people and overall it was a nice experience.

The setting of their cottage is stunning in a beautiful garden.

If I were to return to Panglao I'd probably stay at the a/c hostel and sacrifice privacy for a/c but if you are in the private room market and are okay without a/c. Staying here is like staying with family. I couldn't find a better deal per night.

Merci mon ami!

They really are good people. Oh and lobby wifi is good, I managed to get wifi on my patio / side closest to lobby in my room in cottage #1

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

My fiance and I just spent 10 days at Reggae guesthouse and we loved it.
The French owners are lovely and make everything they can for you to feel like home (welcome drink, free water refill, motorbike rental, fresh aloevera to heal my sunburns...)
They gave us a lot of advice on where to go or what to eat, and they always asked us if we feel good or if we need anything.
The bungalow was quite basic but it was just what we needed. I have to admit that I could have use the AC if it was available, but we still slept without any issue thanks to the 2 fans in the room. The garden is charming and peaceful, and most important, pretty quiet regarding to the busy Alona area not far from there.
The breakfast was good too but I would have appreciated a little change during the week.
Finally, the apero time was very nice to discuss with them and their friends passing by to enjoy a good cold pastis!
We will definitely come back if we come to Panglao again.
Thank you again for everything and take care of you and Arlie!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2017

The setting of their cottage is stunning in a beautiful garden.

Merci mon ami!

Room Tip: Cottage #1 managed to get wifi
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2017

If you are looking for a comfortable, cozy place to get-away this is it! Reggae Guesthouse is far enough outside of the loud hubbub of downtown activities but close enough to walk to everything! There is privacy, peace and tranquility! BONUS: the owners are super phenomenal and personal. I also loved the setting. There are only a few huts surrounded by lush green gardens.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

A good place to relax for a few days. It's nothing fancy, but this is all you'll need to be happy.
The hosts are exceptionally helpful and welcoming - superb service.
Location: less than ten minutes walk to the beach and associated restaurants, etc. No problem.
The only drawback (which is no fault of the owners) is the proximity to a work site and the ubiquitous roosters. Rooms have not been renovated in a while, bit they're still mostly clean.
A good option.