All reviews lost horizon the main hotel swimming pool alona beach a queen size bed minute walk island hopping hot water nice room the ground floor stayed here for nights balcony ref transfer philippines
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We booked the family room which is actually good for 6 people but there were only 3 of us who actually stayed as we have a couple of luggages for an event we will be attending at Panglao. The resort is located at the quiet side of Alona. Not in the main stretch of the shoreline, but a few minutes walk up to the main road. Rooms are spacious, clean, and all basic amenities are provided.

Staff are courteous and was able to accommodate all of are sudden requests such as airport pick-ups and transfers for our parents who were also going to stay for a night at Lost Horizon Annex.

The resort is good for people who will be out most of the day for island hopping or scuba diving activities and just want to be able to get some good rest at night. Honestly, my preference would still be at the main branch located along the shoreline of Alona beach due to it is more accessible as we usually go diving when we visit Panglao.

Room Tip: Book the Family Room if you've got lots of baggages with you.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

To make along story short. Wondering what Annex means, cause it is way away from the main hotel (gravel road, big pot holes, no light).
Rooms are ok for 2-3 stars and fairly clean.
But: 50m away is an open air night club with music till 3am. So unless u don’t wanna party all night, there are better places. Loud music as if it were in your room, no sleep at all. When the music stopped, the rooster and the mopeds started. Cannot recommend! Sorry
Check my pix!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Lost Horizon Annex, while a bit farther from the beach compared to its main hotel, has the advantage of being closer to the main road and being more accessible to vehicles. It is a relatively newer building and, thus, has more updated facilities. However, the place does not really have many facilities, just a small swimming pool and a mini restaurant. The rooms are not that big, but ours had a queen size bed, a private rest and shower room, and a TV ... good enough for a relaxing night rest at the end of the day. It was on the ground floor (near the reception area), so it didn't have a balcony. But it was more accessible to the swimming pool and the restaurant.

The staff are quite strict with the check-in time. We arrived quite early and could not be accommodated to our room right away. We had to wait for a couple of hours. In the meantime, we went down to Alona beach, had our lunch and arranged for our island island tour for the following day.

This annex does not have its own road that leads to the beach. You'll have to pass by the back gate of its main hotel to get to the beach, which is about 10-15 minute walk and descent. As to the food they serve at the restaurant, it was fine, nothing special. Hence, we preferred to go to an eatery right around the corner along the main road for our meals.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor since there is no lift
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Firstly note that this is the Annex of the main hotel that is on the beach front. A 5 minute walk down a gravel road.
Location is good, walking distance from beach, bars and restaurants but far enough to not get all the noise.
Our room was a really nice size, bed was HUGE. I would advise to book AC room as even with 2 fans we were still very hot.
There is a nice pool, not a large space for lounging but nice enough to dip when you’re too hot!
Fridge in the room which is always a bonus and a balcony with table and chairs.
Room and bathroom was clean with nice towels.
Staff were really lovely and genuinely happy to help- not something you always get here we’ve noticed!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashleigh J
Reviewed 2 July 2017

I'll make this as simple and detailed. I'll list down some criteria which I think will be helpful when one is making a decision whether to stay at a certain place or not. Here goes:

Location:
-- We got there by ferry from Cebu. It was a 30 minute drive from Tagbilaran.
-- You can easily request a pick up from either the pier or the airport. You would have to pay for it.
-- The hotel is located in Panglao Island, in Alona Beach, easily one of the most beautiful beaches in Bohol.
-- Near it are different places where you can eat, buy some basic items, an internet shop, and even some banks with ATM machines.

Room and Facilities:
-- They have their in-house restaurant, I recommend trying them. They serve warm, hearty, delicious food. If you decide to include breakfast in your package, you won't regret it, they serve huge amounts of food, not to mention lots of variety. You get a choice of French toast, American breakfast, Filipino silog, Intercontinental breakfast, etc. They serve breakfast by the pool (lovely sight) from 6 am up until 10 am.
-- The room I stayed in big and clean.
-- Each room has a terrace with a table and 2 chairs. Ahh, yes, you are living the life.
-- Very big bed (2 metres wide), very soft mattress and pillows. I slept so, so good.
-- You get a tv with cable (lots of channels), a full sized mirror, a full sized cabinet with hangers and umbrella, you also get a safe, you get a long stool and AC. You also have a sink with mirror, a toilet and a shower area. No bidet, no pail or dipper. They have heater but I doubt you'd need it because on its own the water is at a comfortable temperature.
-- Wifi is fast and stable. They have so many wifi routers. Trust me, it's fast.
-- Room service is topnotch. Nothing like coming home from a tiring tour and seeing the room clean, bed made and room set to a very nice 22-23 degrees. Ah, the memories make me smile. Truly, we were taken care of.
-- Jacuzzi and pool were such a nice sight to come home to and wake up to. I took a few dips during my stay there and it was a great additional exercise. The pool goes from 3 to 5 ft. There are tables and chairs and benches to stay on in case you just want to hang by the pool.

Staff:
-- Very, very, very nice and helpful. Very accommodating and sweet.
-- There will be a guard 24/7.
-- Hotel reception will be there in case of late check-in, just be nice enough to let them know what time you will be arriving.

Value for Money:
-- Extremely worth it.

Others:
-- Will I be staying there again? Yes, definitely.
-- Were there foreigners staying in the hotel? Yes. Lots.
-- The drinks inside the fridge, are they complimentary? No, you will have to pay for them. Remember, you only get one complimentary bottle of water per day, as well as coffee and the like.
-- Things that can be improved on? Either invest in longer shower curtains or have a drainage installed outside the shower area.

Additional:
-- The hotel is an ANNEX of the MAIN hotel. You have to take a good 3 minute walk to the main hotel. From there, you will have access to the beach and restaurant and other places. I did not like this walk because the road is rocky and wet, a little flooded when it rains. But hey, you are off to an adventure, don't let this discourage you. It's a short walk. Just do it.
-- I do not think I've seen taxis, Uber or Grab in the area, so if you must go to tourist spots, the hotel has an in-house guy who has a boat and a car- Mang Boyet. I trusted him more than the guys who approached me in the beach and streets offering tours, simply because the hotel staff knew him and he was a familiar face in the hotel, also, no hidden costs. The price is a done deal from the get go. Nonetheless, Boholanos are very nice people.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kat T
Duane B, Manager at Lost Horizon Dive Resort Annex, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Hi ktorn, good day!

We are very much pleased about the outcome of your stay. Thank you for the time and effort, sharing your wonderful experience, we appreciate it.

You might be interested to stay and try our main resort, the Lost Horizon Beach Resort located 5 minutes from the Annex building. We have barbecue at night and live band entertainment. The price are affordable and reasonable. Facilities and amenities are almost the same.

We are looking forward on your next visit, regards!