All reviews west wing main building alona beach great pool swimming pool ceiling fan minute walk to the beach public areas stayed here for nights laundry service budget hotel rooms are clean tricycle ride cable tv deluxe room bottled water beach area
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Accommodation

Horrific. We were 2 families with 2 kids each and stayed there for 4 nights. We got rooms in the west wing of the hotel which is more like a hostel than a hotel really. The rooms were very basic (while clean) – with a queen size bed. Note that their definition of a double bed is actually a super single and a twin room (possibly with the most space amongst the choices available) is 2 super single beds. The bathrooms while not too small were still pretty basic and definitely devoid of any semblance of luxury. We desperately tried for an upgrade to bigger room or even a move to the other wing but it was peak season and no rooms were available. All we could manage was an extra mattress (no bed), which also we were told earlier to be not available. So all in, it was not an experience one would want on a holiday. We probably felt worse coz of the money we paid for this room (close to 100 USD) – definitely more than double of what the room was worth. The main wing, across the road, seemed more like a hotel and at least had a somewhat resort pool and the restaurant, though not sure of the rooms – which are supposed to be older than the west wing.

No breakfast included in the room rate – which for the price we paid for the room – was unacceptable. The restaurant serves breakfast sets for ~250 peso which is decent but really there is no reason why this shouldn’t be part of room price. The same restaurant also serves lunch and dinner, which were decent and roughly priced the same as the cafes on the beach. You’re probably better off eating at the beachside.

Location

Not the best, but ok. Its about a 400m walk to the beach, a 50m walk to the main road (where there are a coupla restaurants, a convenience store, laundry shacks etc). As you walk along to the beach, we couldn’t but help see other resorts which were much closer to the beach (some opening out into the sand) and with probably better rooms.

To be fair, we found the service level to be quite excellent overall. Very prompt with room service, always smiling, put up well with the kids’ noise levels etc. In fact, my son hurt his head quite badly while dashing about at the hotel and within 2 mins, the hotel had a car and 2 staff to accompany us ready to go. The staffs were very helpful and really out us at ease through the whole process (involving visits to 2 hospitals, getting stitches etc). Would especially like to call out Francis and Aprilyn, who are very genuine, and went out of their way to help us. Kudos to them.

Bottom line

This place is probably okay for paying about 40 USD (considering the quality of rooms and that BF is not included), definitely avoid the west wing. I would NOT stay back at this hotel again – and would prefer something on the beach – Alona Kew seemed like a good option.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Karthik R
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in the regent a few times now , I just think it's perfect location, the rooms are ok , and plenty of room. The staff are brilliant, always there to help you, this is good place for family's too. The night life is great, plenty of bars and restaurants,

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank Departure612407
Reviewed 28 December 2015

We stayed at Panglao Regents Park , & booked 3 x " Deluxe " double poolside rooms ! for a family holiday,but that's where ! the Deluxe ends ! It looked luxurious & we expected that from the price paid ! Unfortunately the rooms do not live up to the luxurious looking brochures or website .We were in the main wing, poolside Deluxe rooms .Upon arrival and inspection of our rooms I was immediately disappointed and called the reception ! as the security door entrance lock was broken ! the toilet seat was broken of its hinges ! and that was just the beginning ! To the managements credit, the maintenance man went and got a new seat and replaced it within the hour ! but unfortunately it did not stop there !
I have travelled throughout the Philippines extensively for many years and still do several months each year , But in recent years with my wife who is a lovely Filipino young lady :) We have stayed in No Star ! to 5 star hotels !
"Panglao Regents Park In The Past " ! would have been luxurious ! but NOW ! its " Tired & Old & Worn Out " in need of renovation & lots of maintenance ! The bathroom walls ! were Mouldy ! extremely bad for health ! When I complained about the mould on the walls, I was shown another room ! but its was just the same ! and not poolside as paid for ! The fittings and fixtures are very poor quality in the bathrooms, and now are old & rusty ! Even the light fittings are rusted ! The door and skirting boards are rotten ! from water damage from the air conditioner that "leaks huge amounts of water on the top of the wardrobe ! runs down the wall ! and across the floor ! " it was so bad we had to put our towels on the floor to soak up the water ! and tried a tray from the refrigerator ! to collect the water ! this has obviously going on for years as all the timber work is rotten ! from water damage ! and patched up with filler ! instead of fixing the source of the problem ! there is NO DRAIN ! for the split unit air conditioner ! Very Poor Standard !
The Refrigerator ! now that's a whole another storey ! its rusty ! noisy & the floor mounts are broken ! so I had to wedge a plastic water bottle under it ! to keep it stable plus it smelt like a dead cat !
On the subject of cats ! the lawn outside the room was worn out ! dead ! and full off cat poo ! from the local cat who obviously used the lawn outside our room for its toilet ! Apart from the grass lawns outside the rooms ! that is mostly dead ! the garden & pool are exceptionally well maintained ! its a pity they do not maintain the lawns & rooms to the same ! standard ! even the battery' in the room safe were flat ! and had to be replaced before it worked ! then only 2 of the several battery's were replaced as they had no more !
Staff ? I found the manager who was pregnant at the time , "Very argumentative and difficult ! to say the least ! I requested our money back ,that we had paid in advance ! so we could stay at another hotel ! the rooms were so bad , but was refused ! " BUT the rest of the staff were excellent and polite and helpful especially the room service girls that clean ,although there was an old sock under the bed ! but they did there best with what they had !
Now if the owners ? management ? or readers think I am just a difficult ? Australian ! lol " WELL MY PICTURES TELL THE WHOLE STORY ! " AND THE TRUTH ! to back up my review ! If we had not payed in advance ! We would have stayed somewhere else ! We should have been given a refund ! The only Deluxe is in the name ! We often go to Panglao ! but i would never stay here again ! Location is good and pool is excellent but that's it ! The Management or the owners are welcome to contact me or even offer me the refund I deserved ! But I feel my pictures ! tell the storey ! It has taken a little while for my review as we have been travelling before returning to Australia,Thank you.

Room Tip: I would only stay in the main wing , and security is pretty ordinary for the Philippines !
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank AUSTRALIANguy1
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed between Xmas and new year. Had a lovely air conditioned room. Very clean hotel, good value for money, amazing pool, great food, good location 5 mins walk from alona beach. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2015

I stayed in the west wing facing the swimming pool, room 41 and i am a light sleeper - sadly i found out that a resort nearby has music playing until 4am most days :( (I was told it was from Henann Resort)

Now to the hotel, rooms are a good size and clean. Free coffee and water is provided which is nice.

The room has cable TV which is nice and the wifi is a little rubbish tbh - i was lucky that the hotel on the other side of the hotel was unprotected so i could use their wifi. The hotel is near to a great english cafe and about 10 minutes walk to the beach. As the room has a fridge you can pop to a local shop which is 24/7 and get your drinks / food - just keep an eye on the change as they tried to short change us more than twice.

For the hotel, i would stay again, but I would ask for a room facing the road or in the main building.

Room Tip: in the west wing get a room facing the road for less noise.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple