All reviews west wing main building alona beach great pool swimming pool ceiling fan minute walk to the beach public areas stayed here for nights laundry service rooms are clean tricycle ride deluxe room bottled water beach area island hopping towels
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The resort was nice. Rooms are nice and clean. Food and staff were really good.
I did not like the location that much. It is few minutes walk from the Alona beach. The beach is amazing at night with all the bars and restaurants turning on lights and pulling chairs on the sand, but not during the day. It is quite dirty from the sea weed and not nice to swim in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The resort is nice. They Maintain cleanliness and kind friendly staff. Good food also and cocktail drinks. The pool looks nice but. Didn't used it. 10 to 15 minutes to the beach but Alona beach is not inviting, so greasy cause all boat park in the beach ad so rocky and corally. So we go to Bohol beach Club just to swim ( beach front resort ) their beach is nice . Regents has a good location, heaps of restaurant around the hotel to choose and also have a night life. But sometimes we go to some resort like Bellevue just to eat and relax cause its quite boring in regents. There's some resort that relaxing but not boring and counterclockwise hope you get what I mean. Their water is faucet and shower is salty I think they need to improve their water purifier. They have a annex building which is near n the min building, it's nice their but lots of ants( actually that building is good for backpackers ) and what I don't like is you have to leave the key in the reception every time you go which is hassle( for me ) well if you want a good stay you should book here.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sakura1990_101
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was looking for a great hotel with a swimming pool as me and my boyfriend find relaxation with the presence of a nice pool so I searched and searched and found this hotel in Tripadvisor and now i'm returning the favor.

The pool is superb! very clean, you'll see them cleaning it every morning and it is open from 6am to 9pm. Water in the pool does not taste the chemical that they use and loved it for the deepest part is at 9ft.

We got a Standard room in the main building and for such a reasonable price per night, the room is just terrific. Very clean even on the outside of our room! There's a safe, cable tv, ceiling fan, AC unit (which runs perfectly) and hot and cold bath. Others comment about the shower water is true. It was quite salty but we don't mind it that much.

Room service selections are quite good esp their Chicked adobo. But it is a bit pricey so I suggest that there is a Tapsilogan with fair prices which is open for 24hrs and 3mins walk from the hotel.

The hotel is 5 to 7mins away from Alona beach which is more alive at night. You'll find different bands serenading you while you are dining in a resto there (Boracay like) but do not expect a lot as this beach has a short shore so I suggest that you go to Dumaluan beach which is 10-15mins away from Alona. You can take habal-habal or a tricycle for Php100/pax. Dumaluan beach is more private and has a very 'away from the crowd feeling'. Entrance fee at Dumaluan is Php100/pax.

Service is very good. Staff are always smiling and greets you whenever you pass by. The only thing they got a so so from me is whenever I ask information about the place at the front desk (like transpo fares and approximate distance of a certain place), they give me uncertain answers. So I suggest you always ask the locals you see outside of the hotel. We always ask drivers and vendors for infos and we get reliable answers.

Police station is near the hotel like 3-5mins away so it's safe to walk and enjoy the streets.

I hope this review will help too! =)

Room Tip: They have a main building and an annex bldg. Annex building is not far from the main bldg and as how i understand it, you may use all the facilities same of the things that they offer in the main building. It is 10secs walk from the main so it's not a prob. I just do not know the quality of the rooms there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShaneNiKinel
Reviewed 10 October 2012

it was june of this year when we went to bohol. i was with my hubby, son, mom, aunt and uncle. we got 2 rooms (1 at panglao regents main and the other one was at the annex bldg. which was right across the street). we got our transfer services not from the hotel but from the tour package we got for our scheduled itinerary during our stay in bohol. when we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted nicely by the reception peeps and were accompanied right away to our respective room assignments. the rooms both from the main bldg and the annex were clean. although, the room from the annex bldg is relatively smaller (as the price dictates). everyday, supplies such as free bottled water and coffee were replenished. room can be made over per request. airconditioning is ok but the tv cable channels were limited. free wi-fi is available inside the room but signal strength is average at the annex bldg (main bldg/lobby signal is trong). the pool and other areas such as the reception, restaurant, garden/dining area and poolside sunbed and tables were again clean and nicely decorated/set. after we have settled (fixed our luggage). we went out ( to nearby shore which is a good 15 min-walk from the hotel) and scouted where we can head out for dinner. we finally decided to try out one restaurant - alona hidden dream which offered budget grilled meat and seafood. after dinner, we went back to the hotel to cap the night with a plunge at the pool (well-lighted and water is warm - pool closes at 10pm). before we tucked ourselves to bed we pre-ordered for our filipino breakfast the following morning (set breakfast was not included on the room rates we got but is ok since price per set meal is affordable). for our 2nd day, we had lunch during our lobocriver cruise (incl. on our tour package). dinnertime was at the hotel when we had pizza (superb!), pancit(a bit salty), spag(for my son which he liked) and calameres - price again is ok. 3rd day we had our island hopping (we opted not to have lunch in balicasag since seafood is a bit pricey. side trip to virgin island where we had banana que and fresh buko) and decided to take late lunch at one of the carinderias along panglao beach. back to the hotel. when we ask the reception to book us for an afternoon massage (price at 300php i think - can't remember). came night time, me and my hubby decided to go beachside for drinks but found out that there were just a couple of bars open. headed back to hotel when we found a decent bar roadside (pinarella bay) where we met some nice locals (fil and foreign). 4th day was our last, check out was smooth and ok (hotel accepts credit cards and cash for payment). had our last tour in bohol (incls. bee farm, falls etc.) before our flight check in, we had lunch at one of famous restos in tagbilaran (inasal style). all in - our tour in bohol was one heck of a vacation (back to my grandpa's hometown)

Room Tip: Rooms at the main bldg are larger
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank xtnbnjnflrs
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed here twice in Aug and Sept 2012 and would stay again. It is a shame that the annexe building which is new is not built to the hight standard of the main part. The bathrooms need netting on the windows, the front doors are cheap & badly fitting with gaps and the bathroom tiles are of poor quality. For the sake of say $150 a room extra the quality could have been so much better. Pool very clean and food was excellent. Gym was excellent. I cannot understand why no use of solar power

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo